Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Colt Firearms

Colt Acquired by CZ

(1/2) > >>

ira scott:
Saw this on Facebook a moment ago,  checked on Al Gore's interweb,  true?

https://www.reuters.com/article/czg-colt/corrected-czech-gunmaker-czg-buys-colt-in-cash-and-stock-deal-idUSL1N2KH3HO

Maybe good for both companies,  I guess time will tell.  But still in my mind kind of sad, Colt, an American Icon!

B.N.Scotty

Major 2:
I have thought this coming for a long time, even speculated/hoped  it would be Beretta to acquire Colt.

Much like S&W, Winchester, Remington, Marlin & H&R the iconic old brands fell on hard times and were dealt away.

Coffinmaker:

It's really a shame, but for many years, Colt survived on their military business.  SAA handguns are and were a losing proposition.  The customer base is/was continuously shrinking and the imports, built to a better price point eroded Colt sales. 

After the end of the lucrative military business, it was only a matter of time.  Sad.  But from a business standpoint, unavoidable.  It will be interesting to see what CZ does going forward.

Stay Safe Out There

Advertising:

The Pathfinder:
I would imagine, if the SAA stays available at all, that it will become a Custom Shop item only along with their unimaginable pricing. :(

nativeshootist:
Bound to happen when you're trying to live off of just a recognized brand with nothing new to the market except expensive versions of guns that can be bought cheaper and better quality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version