Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

I need some opinions - looking for a shot gun

<< < (4/5) > >>

Dan Gerous:
Thanks Major, but I have my heart set on a side-by-side. The first toy gun I remember from my childhood was a double barrel and I'm reliving the good ol' days. (minus things like mumps, measles and homework)

JOG:
I live in southern Maine and we have one of the best gun shop on the eastern seaboard! The Kittery Trading Post. They always have a great selection of firearm's. Lever action and shotgun's. I was in there the other day and saw 5 or 6  LC Smith side by side shotguns. They had a old Remington that I liked.$900.00. Every time I walk in looking for ammo I walk out with a new rifle. Last week I popped in to see about some ammo. There was a JM Marlin 1895 cowboy in 45-70. Made in 2006 in unfired concision. Long story short it's mine. No 45-70 ammo to be found! Shotguns are flying off the shelf's around here. Remington 870's prices are going thru the roof. I try to buy only American gun's. Sooner or later a old American made Smith or Remington or Winchester in great shape will be mine! Good luck on your hunt for a shotgun!

Coffinmaker:

:)  Up Again   ;)

I'd be in to second a recommendation for a CZ or for one of Daudson's guns.  Rather nice for an affordable price.

Just noticed Daudsons is not showing their Box Lock Double on their web site.  Curious.

Hide and Watch

Advertising:

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Dan Gerous on December 01, 2020, 07:49:29 AM ---Thanks Major, but I have my heart set on a side-by-side. The first toy gun I remember from my childhood was a double barrel and I'm reliving the good ol' days. (minus things like mumps, measles and homework)

--- End quote ---

aren't we all

Dan Gerous:
Thanks one and all for your assistance. I think I've decided on a Stoeger Uplander with double triggers in 12 gauge. I'm going to wait though until the "Hong Kong Flu" goes away to go shopping. I'm really looking forward to hitting the gun shows again.
I was kinda hoping Professor Marvel and Coffinmaker would weigh in on this weighty subject. I'm sure their advice would be good, but mostly I just enjoy reading their posts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version