Author Topic: US Firearms 45 Colt  (Read 3580 times)

Offline bluestringer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
US Firearms 45 Colt
« on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »
New member with a question. I just got a used US Firearms SAA in 45 Colt. Trying to find out when it was made, the model, and if it is a full USA model. It did It's in almost new condition, except the grips have been changes, looking for originals but no luck so far. It came with the box and sock, but the label is missing off the box. The serial number is E983. Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
Re: US Firearms 45 Colt
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
It sounds to be an all USA made Rodeo model. Is it flat black or brushed nickel? Pictures would be nice.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline bluestringer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
It is flat black. The hammer has white sides. From what I can find I think you are right, it's a Rodeo and all USA made. Any idea where to find original grips?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:35:23 AM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
Any idea where to find original grips?

Asking here might be your best bet. You can always search on GB or eBay. Some find great deals there. I never find what I'm looking for but I'm old and grumpy. I don't think computers like me. (smile)

Dave

Offline bluestringer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 04:46:58 PM »
This is the best photo I got right now. Kinda blurry. The sticker inside the box lid says Rev. 7-05 in the left bottom, so I assume it was made sometime between 2005 and 2011 when USFA stopped making them.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:52 PM »
Yep, it is a Rodeo. They are nice revolvers especially the all USA ones. Great length and caliber. I sometimes see original USFA grips on GB or some of the other auction sites, GunsAmerica, GunsInternational, etc. You can also check ebay. Just try doing an internet search for original USFA grips. That might come up with something.

Here are some from a 2 day old add. One set is sold, not sure if the other set is. Not the black set but the yellowish (aged ivory) set. Might look good on that Rodeo.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/wts-usfa-grips.378887/
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »
It is a E serial number and July 2007 boxed date.   Likely shipped shortly after being boxed.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline dollar bill

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 105953
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 07:02:57 PM »
I have a few Rodeo's with Sac Pedesrson stag grips.  Fit is excellent and the guns look great.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 09:20:39 AM »
Bluestringer,

Be advised, not all factory stocks (grips to most folks) are created equal. I have several USFA's and the checkered hard plastic stocks that come on the guns are not universally interchangeable. I've been told it's because these guns were hand assembled and hand fitted. Slight variations in back straps and trigger guards mean not every plastic stock will fit every gun. This is particularly true of the USFAs made from Uberti parts. Their stocks will not fit the all US sourced guns at all.

Dave

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »

I'd like the opportunity to chime in on Dave T.  Not only are USFA stocks not all created equal, nobodies handgun stocks are.  USFA, Colt, Uberti, Pietta - et ALL, fit the stocks to each gun individually when the gun is in the White with final finishing of the metal parts after the stocks are complete.

The Exception is Ruger.  Ruger stocks are turned out cookie cutter and just stuck on.

Stay Safe

Offline JOG

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »
That's a great revolver! I have USFA 12\22. It came with the imitation ivory grips. I'm not a fan of this style grips. I would like to find a set of dark walnut grips. Any idea's from anybody would help! Perhaps a unfinished set of walnuts grips that could be fitted to the revolver. E bay has lot's of different style's of grip's. Good luck with your Rodeo!

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
PM sent

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 10:00:32 PM »
As far as the grips go, it's possible that the original grips were lost or damaged at some point and replaced with aftermarket grips. If you're looking for original grips, your best bet is to check with US Firearms directly or look for a used set of grips that might fit your revolver.

I'm guessing your not aware that USFA closed its doors years ago so calling them is not possible.
King Medallion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com