Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

Ultra rare "rainbow" gun set.

<< < (4/4)

Pettifogger:
Ruger had problems with the .357 Maximum.  This was a high velocity round intended for silhouette shooting.  They quit making the .357 Maximum after they started encountering top strap erosion.  They have made lots of .30 Carbines.  Biggest problem with them is that they are LOUD.  If you go to the Ruger website they are still cataloged.

https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkBlued/models.html

Capt. John Fitzgerald:
Thanks, Pettifogger!  I forgot all about that "loud" factor.  Maybe I was confusing that .357 max with the .30 carbine round.

GaryG:
We did some single actions in 30 carbine.  7 1/2" barrel.  Like alot of the stuff we did, we didn't do to many.  It seems there were all Dome blue. 

Advertising:

Reverend P. Babcock Chase:
Slightly off topic, but related to Pettifogger's comment about the 357 Max. (blame him):

I have a Pietta Remington NMA with a .45 Colt (not LC) conversion cylinder and, believe it of not, I am getting gas cutting on the cylinder pin from shooting cowboy loads. Soft steel? I don't know, but it is now a science experiment to see how much it will progress.

FYI

Rev. Chase

LonesomePigeon:
My Pietta Remington's are getting gas cutting on the cylinder pin just from shooting black powder round ball and the occasional conical.

Re: 30 Carbine, I bid and lost on a USFA .30 Carbine 7 1/2" barrel blue/CCH. It would have been my first USFA and now I am super glad I didn't win. I won a Custer Battlefield .45 Colt a little while later. Kinda wish I had waited for a blue/CCH bp frame but a Custer is much better than a .30 Carbine IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version