CAS TOPICS > The Powder Room - CAS reloading

Press Recommendations?

(1/6) > >>

Coal Creek Griff:
I've been handloading for 25 years, using a single-stage RCBS Partner press. It was all I could afford in my younger days.  Sometimes I wish I had more leverage, so I'm looking for a larger press.  Since it will likely be my last press, I'm looking for advice.  

I don't want a progressive press.  I'm in no real hurry when I'm loading and I find it relaxing.  I am thinking of a turret  press,  though, for the convenience.  Any suggestions?  What are some very solid presses that minimize play in the turret?  I'm thinking of the Redding T-7. Does anyone have experience with that?

CC Griff

(Edited to correct the model of my current press.)

Deadeye Don:
Why don't you want a progressive press?  You can still take your time and load one cartridge at a time, but yet have a high quality machine that would load faster if you need to do so at some point.  I would go with a Dillon 550B.  Lifetime guarantee and it will do everything you need even if you want to do it slowly.

joec:
I highly recommend the Lee Classic Turret Press. I have one and it is great.

Advertising:

Johnny McCrae:

--- Quote ---I highly recommend the Lee Classic Turret Press. I have one and it is great.
--- End quote ---
I second that.

One of the reasons I like my Lee Classic Turret press is that I load eight different calibers. The change over from caliber to caliber is quick and easy. Since November of 2007 I've reloaded over 38.000 rounds ranging from .380 ACP to .45-70 Govt. If I were reloading just one or two calibers, I'd get a Dillon 550 or a Hornady progressive press.

Kent Shootwell:
A buddy of mine has a Redding turret and it's a fine press. I use a Lyman O press and a Hornady lock-n-load AP as well as a Lee turret. The Lee turret is a dandy press and is solid. The Hornady will work fine with one cartridge at a time but for a few test loads I turn to the Lee. I had a Lee 1000 for a while but perfer loading rather then working on the press so gave it away. Your results may vary.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version