CAS TOPICS > The Powder Room - CAS reloading

Need help with a Lee Turret Press

(1/3) > >>

Creekside:
 I have a Lee 4 hole Turret press and I am loading 45 lc the problem is im getting
 way to many high primers with the priming arm  When I use my old lee hand primer
 (auto prime ) no problem but that breaks up the whole system of using this turret press
I have tried using diffrent brands of primers and even a double strike when seating them
not much better and realy slows things down  I like the press everything else seams to
work  fine
Please dont tell me to buy a XYZ press that wont be much help

Thanks Creekside

PJ Hardtack:
Why aren't you asking Lee? If they don't offer this kind of customer service, why buy their products?

Whenever I have a problem with one of my Dillon machines, I call and the tech clears up the problem right now.

joec:
I use the Lee Safety Prime on both my Lee Classic Turret and my Lee Classic Cast. Never had a problem with it with either. I do have a hand primer by Hornady but have only used it once.

Advertising:

Creekside:
I changed the angle on the handle and that helped some maybe I need a stronger bench

Johnny McCrae:
I also use the Lee Safety Prime on my Lee Classic Turret press and have no problems. I've gotten in the habit of pulling the lever with my right hand and holding the left rear round upright post with my left hand when seating primers. This seems to give me more leverage when priming. A strong workbench is necessary.

If you continue to have problems, call Lee's Customer Service dept. They have always been helpful in helping me solve problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version