Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

Creating the Plainsmen Persona stage 1

<< < (2/6) > >>

St. George:
Rather than attempting to reinvent the wheel, I'll point out a salient fact.

All of these questions have been addressed previously in the 'Historical Society' forum, the 'Old Fashioned Way' forum, and of course, the 'NCOWS' forums, albeit with some duplication.

Looking through those forums various 'back pages' will give you not only more information, but period references and sutler/supplier names, as well.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: St. George on August 12, 2011, 12:33:47 PM ---Rather than attempting to reinvent the wheel, I'll point out a salient fact.

All of these questions have been addressed previously in the 'Historical Society' forum, the 'Old Fashioned Way' forum, and of course, the 'NCOWS' forums, albeit with some duplication.

Looking through those forums various 'back pages' will give you not only more information, but period references and sutler/supplier names, as well.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

--- End quote ---

St George, My old eyes have failed me more than once but I think they have rolled over and died this time.  Where is the Old Fashioned Way' forum?

St. George:
TwoWalks,

It's a child board falling under the 'Historical Society' forum - right at the top.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: St. George on August 12, 2011, 01:05:16 PM ---TwoWalks,

It's a child board falling under the 'Historical Society' forum - right at the top.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

--- End quote ---

Thanks you St George, told ya these old eyes had died.

Would ask for a little more assistance please.  My point and question for this thread was "how much and what types of gear would the early plainsman have used from an earlier period?"  I have looked high and low on the NCOWS and the Historical Society forums and seem to be missing the previous discussions.  Perhaps I am searching too literal.  Could you point me to a couple of the discussions?

Thanks TwoWalks

St. George:
I'll post one of my 'St. George's Notes' on building the Impression, and will see what more I can provide - but keep in mind that it'll deal primarily with the beginner.

The Time-Life series - 'The Old West' - has a myriad of pictures readily at hand at your local Public Library.

I suggest anyone with an interest in the 'real' Old West check them out.

The West of the time was being rapidly settled - supplies and dry goods were readily available in towns, since the railroad was pushing Westward rapidly, and what the railroad didn't bring in - riverboats did - with freighting outfits being a key player of the times.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version