Author Topic: GAF sidematch  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
GAF sidematch
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:04 PM »
Sunday May 14th at the range of the Blue River Regulators, an NCOWS posse, I sponsored 6 GAF sidematches after the main stages were shot. Unfortunately,due to foul weather and the fact that it was Mothers Day, we had a poor turnout.In fact I was the only GAF member to show up. However we did have nine other shooters stay for the sidematches, even though they were not GAF members. I let them all know what the GAf is about and hopefully some of them will join us. Anyway all of the sidematches had a Victorian military background and I was fortunate enough to win two of them. As a side note September 10th the Blue River Regulators will hold their 2nd annual 9/11 shoot. All six stages will be military based and their will be One big GAF sidematch after the main stages are finished.Terry Lane,Commander of Scouts for the Missouri Division and I will be in charge of this. We want to put all GAF members in one posse and shoot Working Cowboy Class, which is two guns, a rifle and revolver. So please make plans to attend if you are in driving distance.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: GAF sidematch
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 06:55:38 AM »
Quick Fire,

Well done on an outstanding first effort and I'm happy to see that you are planning to do it again - hopefully with a better turnout.  This is something that can be repeated by others at their local CAS clubs/posses. 

By including some side-matches or even an occasional stage in another outfit's match, we can demonstrate that the GAF is not in competition against NCOWS or SASS, but offers a fun and challenging alternative to the usual CAS shoots. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com