Author Topic: Uberti Henry Carbine  (Read 898 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Uberti Henry Carbine
« on: November 21, 2023, 01:52:35 AM »
No, I do not own it nor know the seller. I am only putting it here as these are so rare as one of you "ham & eggers" might want it:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1019658937

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Uberti Henry Carbine
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 08:37:25 AM »

:) Fellow Henryites  ;)

Hubba hubba ding ding.  This rifle is NOT a Carbine.  It is in fact a TRAPPER.  One of six.  Let us harken back to those Halcyon days of yesteryear prior to Beretta buying Uberti and dissolving Uberti USA. 

I bugged Maria Uberti and Lisa Miller at Uberti USA for several years, in an attempt to get a factory built Henry Trapper.  It finally happened.  Two of those rifles were in .45 Colt, the "others" 44-40.  One of the .45s is MINE MINE MINE MINE (quote the seagulls).  The 45 Colt rifles did not have the martial sling hardware but a couple of the 44-40s did.  The rifles will hold eight-n-half rounds (sorry, not 10)

Thanks be to Fox Creek for alerting us to this fine gem.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »
I had a Navy Arm's carbine 22" barrel I bought in 1980.
I actually wanted a 24" Rifle, but NA only had the carbine is stock, paid $385 including shipping and 10% FFl receiver's fee.

It was the older, early style shorter receiver in 44-40, it was that one or NADA.
  Allen Arms had none, so the 22"er it was.
The congressionally-mandated and slick willie's  “assault weapon ban” of 1994-2004 ruined any hope
for new imported Henry.
That's when the Trapper could have legally been imported (besting the 10 round magazine ban)

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:34:28 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1213
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 04:32:25 PM »
...The congressionally-mandated and slick willie's  “assault weapon ban” of 1994-2004 ruined any hope
for new imported Henry.
That's when the Trapper could have legally been imported (besting the 10 round magazine ban)
I'm not sure I understand that, as there were thousands of Uberti lever rifles imported during that time with 10 or more magazine capacity.

p.s. still have that NA carbine?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 05:27:27 PM »
...The congressionally-mandated and slick willie's  “assault weapon ban” of 1994-2004 ruined any hope
for new imported Henry.

I'm not sure I understand that, as there were thousands of Uberti lever rifles imported during that time with 10 or more magazine capacity.

p.s. still have that NA carbine?

I can explain, when the panoptic bill was written it was Borad base and included anything with 10 round magazines.
It took 7 of the 10 years and the Henry was finally allowed exclusion and be imported to the USA again...
George Jr. allowed the entire 10 round magazines limitation to phase out during his watch... 

I sold the Carbine in 88 to pay off in part the Med bills for the birth of my daughter.
  I bought it back from the same fellow in 2008 (he had it all that time as safe queen) at the same price I sold it in 88.
My wife, bought me a brand-new 45 Colt Henry in 99 for Christmas, and in 2008 I had traded a Armsport 45 Scofield Spencer for a 45 Colt Iron Frame Henry.
And in 2013, Henry Repeating Arms sent me one of their new Henry's in 44/40 (you can read the Gun test stickied on the Henry BB.
So, 4 Henry's  8)  however, I did decide to allow the carbine to go... and this time It has so far stuck  :-\

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1213
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »
If I'm reading you right, you are saying that not only the Henry was banned during those first 7 years but also '66's and '73's and '92's with the same magazine capacity?   Because like I said thousands of those rifles were imported during those years. 

I do recall that at one point in the 2000's when EOT was still in California, that state instituted its own 10 round magazine ban that included tubular magazines, but then they modified it to exclude tubular.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »
Hi Abiliene,
I remember this as well.   It depended on how and who was importing.  I bought mine from EMF and had no trouble getting it.  My former college roommate celebrated his Ph.D. by special ordering one directly from Uberti.   His sat in customs for nearly 8 months.   He called every week, only to hear it was an assault weapon.   Finally he got a customs agent who looked at the paperwork and heard his story and laughed and said "Last person who that this was an assault weapon was Robert E. Lee", stamped it and it arrived at his LGS 2 days later.   From order to delivery was nearly a year.   (he had some factory engraving).   I ordered mine when he was about 6 months in and sent him a picture when mine arrived.   I do not think I got a christmas card from him that year.    ;D

Offline KWK

• Top Active Citizen
    • KWK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 09:22:09 AM »
It is in fact a TRAPPER.  One of six.

Really? They made only 6 of them? I had one of the 44 at my house for evaluation. It was from Dixie (excellent people to deal with). QC was, ah, not all that I had hoped, and I sent it back. The factory web site no longer catalogs that length, but I've handled an 18.5" at Taylor's. As I recall, Madis reckoned 20" was the only stumpy to be found among the originals and only as an experiment. Shoulder an original '66 carbine at an auction house and it's easy to feel why the Henry didn't last long.
Karl

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 10:05:06 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2023, 08:53:32 AM »

"Not I" said the little Blue Man.  Nadia Klew.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com