Author Topic: Cimarron 7th Cavalry quality  (Read 4926 times)

Offline SFC

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron 7th Cavalry quality
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:51:58 PM »
I recently bought a new Cimarron 7th Cavalry .45lc revolver and this baby is smooth.  I had purchased Cimarron in the past and didn't think the difference between a Cimarron and plain Uberti was worth the money.  However, this revolver is smooth out of the box with only mimimal stoning on the hammer.  I was highly pleased with the near absence of machine marks in the frame. My other 3 Uberti revolvers had a few sharp burrs in the frame, and the internal parts needed stoned and polished. 

I came close to purchasing a U.S.F.A. 7th Cavalry, but would have had less money for ammo.  I opted for the cheaper cimarron, and glad I did.  I still have hopes of purchasing a U.S.F.A revolver in the future.  I would like to find a local dealer who stocks them, so I can handle one firsthand, instead of looking at photos. 

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cimarron 7th Cavalry quality
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »
SFC,   Glad you love the Cimarron model.  I actually have the USFA Ainsworth model.  If you eventually go with USFA you will not be dissapointed.  This has to be one of the most beautiful guns I have ever seen.  Fit and finish is flawless.  The action is smooth as butter right out of the box.   If you get the chance to handle one do so,  but if you have to order sight unseen, dont be afraid to do so.  You will not be dissapointed.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »
SFC,

I completely agree with Deadeye Don, you will not go wrong with a USFA firearm.  I have the Ainsworth and the Nettleton, and they are both great sixguns.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:03:51 AM »

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »
I also love my cimmy 7th its one of my few perfect guns. Runs great with black powder and hit poa right out of the box. I did have to change the maispring though as I was getting a light hammer strike about 1 every 30 shots. Its one of my favorites and totally authentic, I often carry it afeild and think about history.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com