Author Topic: Sonic brass cleaner  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Sonic brass cleaner
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 09:06:01 AM »
 Depends on what you're doing I suppose. Shooting a match where the target is the size of a Volkswagen at 15 yards on a weekend yup carry them home and clean up.
 If you do something like travel 1200 miles, shoot an two days of a 40 target sillhouette match followed up by 40 rounds a day in search of x rings that start at about 3 inches and go up to 10 inches from distances 500 yards to 1000 for the next 7 days, then travel the 1200 miles back home,, then you might want to take care of that brass that runs about 2 bucks a piece....
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 03:31:35 PM »
So, I guess an answer to the OP would be, depends on what you need it to do.  People shooting precision stuff will always jump through more hoops and be more detail oriented than the more casual shooter.

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 07:43:59 PM »
So, I guess an answer to the OP would be, depends on what you need it to do.  People shooting precision stuff will always jump through more hoops and be more detail oriented than the more casual shooter.
. . . so are you saying some folks DON'T trim their brass after every firing?   :o
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:18:35 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 09:09:11 PM »
. . . so are you saying some folks DON'T trim their brass after every firing?   :o

Heheh, I have never trimmed a piece of brass and after the first few weeks of reloading I have never cleaned a primer pocket, nor deprimed before vibratory tumbling.  But I also haven't shot further than 100 yards.  :)

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2023, 09:34:26 PM »
In the GAF game when we are traveling 100 yards+, and ejecting brass all along the way, having shiny brass will make it easier for the brasser to find. A bag of 30-40 Krag brass which is very common at GAF matches, just sold on GB for $4.00 apiece!  We'll have to start checking the brasser's pockets! 

In my personal experience, nothing gets brass cleaner, including the primer pockets, then wet tumbling with SS pins. It is a little work.

B.N. Scotty
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com