Author Topic: Round Knife: Yes or No  (Read 21059 times)

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • New Life Church Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Round Knife: Yes or No
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 10:33:13 PM »
I did not read any patronizing in Dave Cole's remarks, who is well know and well respected on this forum. What I read was one person making some emphatic statements; opinions from personal experience, and someone else stating a different opinion, also from personal experience.

Patronizing? No Way. That's not Dave Cole.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Offline Chaa Duu Ba Its Iidan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »
I did not read any patronizing in Dave Cole's remarks, who is well know and well respected on this forum. What I read was one person making some emphatic statements; opinions from personal experience, and someone else stating a different opinion, also from personal experience.

Patronizing? No Way. That's not Dave Cole.
Good, JD
Actually, JD, as I stated earlier, I didn't even see a difference in opinion.  I read a couple statements that seemed to point in a direction I did not care for personally.  But, I don't question what you said and I accept your statement  on its face, absolutely, so let's just call me "oversensitive" and let it go at that.  As I said earlier, I am here to learn and socialize with folks who are interested in sharing their knowledge with others and in learning from others.  I will contribute what I think is valid as we go along, which is what I was attempting to do.  Doing that harmoniously, in concert with other members is, I believe, the unspoken and even unconcious objective of virtually everyone here.  So, I'm not here to cause dissension/discord or any other negative influence.  Indeed,  as I said earlier, I think I've said enough regarding this matter, so this is my last word on it.  :-X    I'd prefer to just get back on track.
Chaa Duu Ba Its Iidan

Offline Leo Hilder

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2019, 04:28:02 PM »
Dear craftsmen working with leather, advice is needed! I was about to buy a tool, namely knives for cutting leather, as always, of course, I want to buy high-quality and not very expensive ... and most importantly - what shape is better to take blades, what length, diameter, etc., so as not to gain a bunch and buy 2-3 and work with pleasure! Are such knives normal https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-round-knife-for-leather/? thank you in advance to everyone who responds!

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:00:00 PM »

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2019, 07:19:48 PM »
Hi Lee, I'm going to go ahead and be "that guy". I'm about dangerous with a knife, and the fancier it is, the more guarantee there will be blood. The knife I use, is a simple Walmart folder. Cheap as dirt, sharp from the factory, just strop it well.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »
Regarding round knives...

My favorite knife is made from a saw blade. It holds an edge line nothing else and I can cut twice as accurately with it. An old sawblade costs a lot less than a decent quality round knife, too.

I also have a couple others that come in handy. The second one is also made from a saw blade. The third is readily available as some suppliers. I have two or three of that one. It will also take an Exacto blade if you want that. Exacto makes a similar one that might be cheaper or more readily available.

Exacto. The red handled one here.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 09:14:44 PM »
That pic still cracks me up!🤣

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
Yeah. It's not too far from the truth. I was rocking it to make some cuts one afternoon and when I was finished, I had 10 or more cuts on my wrist from the back of the trailing point. I never felt them happening.  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2019, 10:58:16 AM »
Round knives are not for the weak at heart....but if used right the are awesome cutters...

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com