Author Topic: Resource for Horn or Stag Handles for Bowie  (Read 1805 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Resource for Horn or Stag Handles for Bowie
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »
Hello,

I have these two Bowies that I got cheap ... the only problem with them is that the handles seem far to modern looking.

I would like to replace them with some rounds of bone or stag, but Culpepper's price on stag rounds would triple the money invested in each knife.

The present handles are 4" long, and begin at 1 1/8" at the quillion and taper down to 1" at the end (pommel).

So I am hoping that someone on this forum has some stag or horn left over from another project  and collecting dust in their shop. A spare is the correct size and that they would really like to get rid of ....

So if you have something like this that you want to sell, please PM me or email me (my email is on my profile).

I look forward to chatting with you ....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
Re: Resource for Horn or Stag Handles for Bowie
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Stag is very expencive as a knifemaker I know all to well the prices of it , you might try www.rwwilson.com an see what he is getting for rounds but I can pretty much  guess it will be in excess of 25. ea T
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
Big T,

Expensive is relative ... like $25 sounds like an awful lot until one gets another quote for $40.... *S* ... which is the price at the only place that I have found a blank ....

But when I click on the link in your post, I keep getting Ray Wilson & Associates, who deal in something entirely different ... perhaps the aft end of the animal and its offal ....*S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:56:39 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com