Author Topic: Evil Roy Cimarron Vs. Taylor's Smoke Wagon  (Read 10687 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
Evil Roy Cimarron Vs. Taylor's Smoke Wagon
« on: December 30, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
I have not done any Cowboy shooting in a long time and want to get back into it.

I am in the market for two new six shooters.

When I did shoot I was shooting Ruger New Vaquero but don't like how they stopped bluing them in favor of the black matte. I just don't like the color so I am looking at something more traditional........kinda.

I love the look of the Taylor's Smoke Wagon.

What are the differences between it and the Evil Roy gun from Cimarron? Both appear to have the low hammer and wide rear site. Do both have action jobs on them also or either for that matter?

Any negatives on either? Any other suggestions?
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Evil Roy Cimarron Vs. Taylor's Smoke Wagon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »
The guns are extremely similar.  Neither has "low hammers", in the sense of "low wide hammers" that many guns have these days..  The Smokewagon does have a hammer that is slightly differently shaped, supposed to be like some certain 2nd Gen Colt hammer.  Part of it is lower a tiny bit but I'm not sure what part, perhaps someone else knows.  The Evil Roy has an action job.  The Smokewagon can be bought with or without the action job (called the Deluxe).   Both companies do have models that have low wide hammers, Taylors calls theirs the Running Iron, and Cimarron's are Thunderstorms, plus their new Pietta line with short strokes called Eliminators. 

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:12:18 PM »
Thanks for the info.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:47:10 AM »

Offline Acks1990

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »
I have not done any Cowboy shooting in a long time and want to get back into it.

I am in the market for two new six shooters.

When I did shoot I was shooting Ruger New Vaquero but don't like how they stopped bluing them in favor of the black matte. I just don't like the color so I am looking at something more traditional........kinda.

I love the look of the Taylor's Smoke Wagon.

What are the differences between it and the Evil Roy gun from Cimarron? Both appear to have the low hammer and wide rear site. Do both have action jobs on them also or either for that matter?

Any negatives on either? Any other suggestions?

The best work possible  "Evil Roy Special" by Cimarron and "Smoke Wagon" by Taylor's. I think they are basically the same gun. they will just differ in grips vs. smooth. I just think so.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
They both sound like they are very good guns.  Who has practical experience with both?

Offline Marshall Matt Dillon

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »
I have the runnin iron with the lower hammer and polished action. I bought it just for the lowered hammer and mine is also short stroked. Much easier for my hands to work. A friend of mine dislikes it a lot,,,try one first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com