Author Topic: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee  (Read 164343 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
not much good news from NY, Il duce Jr(cuomo) got re elected, Repubs did get control of senate,not sure what will happen now with our gun rights, rumors about safe act 2 include insurance required for all gun owners, more restrictions on ammo and 2 year renewal on ccw permits.Time to seriously start looking for a free state to move to

Texas Alabama either
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »
The then great commonwealth of Virginia granted land to the federal government in the beginning. The land was to be the seat of government for the several states. It became part of DC. The capitol was a geographic, perfect square of equal, straight borders and four 90º corners.

Following the war of northern aggression, the land was taken back by the commonwealth's legislature. It became NoVa. Without it, our electorial votes wouldn't have gone to the current occupant of the white house (lower case intended) or her husband. Without it, we'd have a new senator. Without it, we wouldn't have a Clinton shake down artist in Richmond as governor.

I join other Virginians in their call to give the cesspool back to the feds. Or, annex the damned place to The Peoples Republik of Maryland.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »
Arced, I feel your Pain!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 04:07:27 AM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2014, 04:35:08 PM »
Majer, Virginia would be proud to have you for as long as we can hold on to our rights.

Just regular chores today, thinkin hot dogs with chili (no beans) for supper.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
Suspect a lot of folks feel it, Tex. He was one the last aye votes ta put the medical thing on the producers. That's what the party wanted. Himself first, party second 'n screw ever'thin' else.

Go ta Carolina, Maj. Better there. Where I'd be if I were single.

Pasta the third time since Friday. She did it 'n fergot I did it for just me when she ate sumthin' else Monday. No complaints tho.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »
Fergot ta add.

Kinda had ta take a detour by the Honey Bee GC on the way to Alice's this mornin'. Watched the resident pair at Honey Bee 'unwelcome' a juvenile trespasser. 

Anyone's interested images are here:

https://www.facebook.com/EaglesofTidewater

The page is open for anyone to look. I was standin' with Yenello when he made the captures.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
At least there options for a Few Good Americans.

Spent the afternoon browsing at the local Bass Pro. Had a deli sandwich there and a cup of coffee. Found a box of .25 cal acp ammo little on the spendy side $25. I about ______ my jeans, when i seen the price of percussion caps. $5 to $8 a tin.  I did enjoy the store but it sure gon crazy since the old catalog and one store operation.  Place was busy had lots of cashiers and sales staff on hand.  I did see a dehydrator i might have to own. Oh yeah i did get some fudge also.
Left there went to a outlet center across the highway. Didn't need nikes sunglasses or a new suit. I did find a kitchen store, pickup my first ceramic knife and a silcon baking pan.

Back home the dogs thought they'd never see me again. It was dark now. Never left them in the dark outside
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »
WI Republicans won the Governor, AG, and Treasurer seats; and a bigger majority in the Senate and Assembly. All the county races went to Republicans.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

School went school-like.   Not much else to say about that.

Roo, did I mention that this $13 was on top of the $46.50 for the license?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2014, 05:22:26 AM »
Mornin folks, coffee and tea are ready!

Hanging around this morning for the annual termite inspection, see what happens later.

Gotta go feed the horses.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »
Mornin'.

Gotta 'nother one like yestitty but with a l'il rain tossed in.

....pickup my first ceramic knife

Whatcha get? Gotta couple 'taters (with an 'ers') gonna feel the sting of the Yoshi here shortly.

L'il red one gets filled with them, some carrots 'n chicken thighs inna couple hours. Trash cans gotta go out first.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2014, 06:44:27 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 35 and raining. "Blustery. Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s. North wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
Mornin'.

Gotta 'nother one like yestitty but with a l'il rain tossed in.

Whatcha get? Gotta couple 'taters (with an 'ers') gonna feel the sting of the Yoshi here shortly.

L'il red one gets filled with them, some carrots 'n chicken thighs inna couple hours. Trash cans gotta go out first.

Not sure, it is a bit bigger than a paring knife but had a chef knife shaped blade. Wasn't very expensive. It slices and dices paper even thinner. I think it will have to stay in protective sheath when not in use. I will test it soon. If it as good as you claim i maybpick up another r 2. I have a pretty good set now. Also some old carbon steel blades. I use a steel rod to keep them that way. Not sure how you sharpen ceramic.

Rained here started about 4am it has slowed to a mist. Not sure what is going to happen rest of the day.
Coffee now and some breakfast a little later.

TK the price i stated did not include the pirated outdoorsman tax that is added. So you can use the lake or rivers. Not needed if you are some pothead hippie hiking the trail.

Ya'll have a safe day
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
It feels like a two pot morning. I had a blueberry muffin with my Cawffee this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning. We got some rain on Monday and Tuesday. The yards are still wet, they need to be mowed.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2014, 01:20:11 PM »
Kyocera offers a sharpener. Ain't needed one. They'll resharpen or replace their stuff for the cost of postage for life or until they go outta business. Use the knives the way the info sez 'n I ain't thinkin' yer gonna need one either. 'Fore I knew ya weren't supposed ta do it, I cut on a glass board with the Yoshi – for a good while. I never let instructions get in the way of my ignorance.

Bought the Yoshi, a cheap BOGO thing 'As Seen on TV,' mostly as a joke on Ali, guessin' four or five years ago. Cut the potatoes 'n carrots with it this mornin'. Got the Kyoceras but they're inna block on the other side the kitchen. The cheap one's closer, in its sheath hidin' behind the toaster. The toaster sits to the upper right hand corner of the Redskins cuttin' board my stuff's on when I post food pics. That's where I werk 'n it gets grabbed first when I ain't got much ta do.

Ennyways...........

Went to the PA off site. On the way, come across this ole gal inna mood ta pose roosted up on a cell tower. Did gimme the evil eye tho. Caught 'er thru the sunroof.

Hoped she'd fly. Didn't. She was there when I drove off. Still there when I was headed back. Far's I know she's there now. Made me late for lunch.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
neat shot though, up close and personal...

Off tomorrow, looking forward to it... Pasta tonight , "SHE's" mak'n' Skettii 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
I've decided if I ever grow up I'm going to be a SOB, have created a minor panic with the un-washed masses I know, luckily I don't know a lot of them.   

I make a point a lot of times that before you go all panicky and cry "The Sky is Falling"  you should learn all the facts, if you don't want to learn the facts then don't panic.   Funny how not knowing the true meaning of words causes so much problems, if this goes viral it could ruin Smuckers.

" Well as I sit here and work, I realize we don't have enough to worry about so in case you don't know it, pectin a natural occurring carbohydrate in fruit is used to make jellies and jams gel. Well according to the research when heated for a long enough time to a high enough temperature, pectin forms long polymer chains. Now we all know polymer is the term they want us to use for plastic today because plastic somehow became a term for cheap polymers years ago.

So the pulp in jam and the skins in fruit preserves just add reinforcement for the plastic, like the cloth in old time Bakelite or the glass cloth in epoxy bases structures.

Hmmm, food for thought, I think I need another cup."

Yep, at least one person so far was never going to eat jelly because Polymers are bad.   

http://www.pslc.ws/macrog/kidsmac/natural.htm  Lucky I have it simple for such.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »
Del at my yuppie garden forum there is several who won't eat jelly.

Got a mess of homemade jellies here to keep me thru the next year all have space age polymers in them.

No real test on knife. Packaged bacon is too long for my skillet. So i cut the lenghts in half. The little knife cut thru like a razor one cut no sawing pulling or tearing. The entire package. Will try potato next
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
I fixed some blueberry waffles for lunch. No clue for supper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com