Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181976 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Funny what you remember ..my Granddad had a 52 Olds I think... not sure of the year, but what I remember was it was Black
and had the most beautiful (I was a little kid) Steering wheel horn center
it was Midnight blue back ground with stars, a silver (chrome) globe with the Olds rocket orbiting the globe under a 1/2 round clear     (acrylic ?) dome....
I remember it well ...

If I recall, Dad's 55 had the the similar logo in all Chrome... no longer under an acrylic dome

I believe Granddads was a Olds 98 and Dads was an Olds 88  :-\

Dad had two Ponitac's after the 55 Old's,  but did get a new  68 Olds Delmont 88 in 1968.

Like I say, strange what you remember...now back to the Coffee & vittles at hand  ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Pink and white 57 Chevy 4 door, Dad said it was the biggest POS car he ever owned, kept it about a year and traded it for a 62 Rambler in 68, I drove the Rambler my Jr year in HS, 73 then bought the 49 Ford and Dad drove it to work about another year till 1st gear went out.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Great Uncle in W.Va had a '53 Buick, light blue with a white top. Straight 8, auto, had the mohair interior......itchy!My one Uncle in California had Desotos, one was a four door,light green. He also had a two door Chrysler product that was a black,IIRC. Was more of a sleek hump backed thing. Other Uncle had a '55 Plymouth wagon ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Little shot of M2's horn ring under 'Olds, '55:'

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/

Warnin' – Ain't no tellin' how much time I've wasted goin' thru this site.

Old man had Fords thru the fifties. '53, '57, '58 'n '59. Bought a couple Impalas in '63 after Ford tried ta sell cars flooded in Richmond down here 'n word got out. Pissed off a lot of folks. I didn't get pissed at 'em 'til they sold me a Canadian built POS 'n makin' 'em keep it right was a complete PITA. Wonder if Toyota sent 'em a thank you card.

Belly's fulla nuked chicken pot pies. That was fun. Got some 80/20 beef patties 'n mushrooms in the tiny red one. Gonna dump 'em on rice this evenin'. Ain't figgered the green stuff yet.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Looked like this one

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Evenin' y'all.

I'm partial to Studebakers and Firebirds.  Chevelle's also rank high on my list.

We went out to Montgomery Creek to go hunting today.  We saw exactly 0 (zero, nada, nothing) shootable deer.  Saw about 6 does, and twice as many fawns. 

I gotta get up early tomorrow, so if y'all can do without me, I shall go to sleep.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
I don't know what time the power came back on. I got home from the Expo about 1800, and the power was back on. I had a good time at the Expo, got to meet some the "biggies" of the CAF and got to see some old friends as well. I took a nap and slept good. I have the early shift, (0800 to Noon), so I need to go back to sleep.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
56 here this morning! Coffee is hot time to head to work.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

Seventy sumthin' now, stayin' there w/ rain. Guess is holdin' for sub seventies tomorrow. Keepin' the faith.

Got sum gun stuff ta do. Like ta go out ta the barn ta do it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
38 here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Mornin, thanks for the coffee. Got furniture to move around n things to fix up for the grandkids.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 38 and misting. "Cloudy. Light rain likely in the morning. Light snow showers and flurries also possible in the morning. Then a chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 40s. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent." Frost likely tonight.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
That Front y'all have experienced, is here and coming thru , cloudy, minor sprinkles , maybe heaver later
but tomorrow is looking Bbbbbeautiful  , postings say 78°f High 57°  nice !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It would make for a nice shooting weather
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Dang chilly here,45 with rain showers off and on. Wife played with her alumni band for the homecoming game last night, they got drowned.Plus their team lost. Wife's been fighting a cold this week, waiting for a relapse after last night ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I left at 0700 to work at the Expo, so I did not get any morning Cawffee. I drove Mickey's and got a Big Cawffee and two sausage biscuits. They had a big Cawffee urn next to where we were at. I got plenty of morning Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It would make for a nice shooting weather

It would indeed..cept the range is closed due to flooding. all the berms are standing in 3 " even the 100' & 300' berm is slicked over.
Caused by all the rain we got all last week....Wild Bunch match was called off yesterday.
The road in, is about 250 yards of county maintained dirt, and some BUBBA and his/their trucks have turned that into a rutted quagmire.

Bobs barricades are placed to warn us off, County's due out but not before next week , which I think cancels the Club Meeting this Monday night too  :-\...

Its  56° on the porch right now, as I just took Jake to wring it out .... feels a like sausage & biscuits morning  :)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for Drinking this morning. Enjoy!  Today is the last day of of the CAF Expo in Dallas, my feet cannot do another day. I think that it was a success, we had lots of people attend on Friday and Saturday. Sunday should be a good day as well.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
A glorious good mornin' ta ya!

50º 'n sunny. Absotivly just plain nice! Ain't supposed ta hit 70°.

Be a great shootin' day, indeed. Ain't got one scheduled tho. Guessers er bettin' back up close ta 80º come Thursday. Oh well.......

We done talked some old cars. Sometimes havin' a l'il knowledge of vehicle year/models ain't a good thing. Had this secret airplanes thing on yestitty evenin'. Mentioned a Pentagon decision in '59 'n showed file footage of the buildin'. Had a '61 thru '63 Thunderbird in the parkin' lot. Kinda spoiled the documentary.

Gotta find what's for dinner then get outside.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We got narley a drop of the rain from the earlier storm. We did get some early Thursday nothing like yours Major2. It is definetly cold this morning for even say my past 2 states of residence. The dogs do't seem to mind it or even me in it.

Biscuits and gravy sound good this morning.

Ya'll have a good and safe day.

Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com