Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181996 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I slept for a couple of hours and now I am wide awake. We've had a heat wave the last couple of days. We need rain and some cooler temperatures.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Still raining buckets here daily, 'spect it to last till Saturday, some area streets a awash.
Meatloaf, last night w/ lima's & mashed taters on the side, "SHE" did the honors rather well  :)

Best of luck to your Daughter,  LIT ....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

SSDD far's the weather goes. T'was fairly nice it WP yestitty.

Hope the boy enjoys Bobby's accommodations, cuz. Nothin' like a relaxin' stay it 811 East City Hall Ave. ta refresh 'n re-awaken one's inner self. A peerless riverfront oasis ta be sure, not ta mention one the very few places left downtown what don't involve parkin' fees. I'm sure many would like to thank me, in person, for arrangin' their visits. 

Done sum pasta yestitty evenin'. Pretty satisfyin' after I remembered I forgot lunch. Gotta hunk of sliced ham on deck for this evenin'. Stumbled o'er a chicken, vegetable 'n pasta soup receipt (can't spell recipe) lookin' interestin'. 'Nother couple weeks 'n soup's on.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
TLD, some relief should be heading your way, here in MO we're heading into a big weather change, so the Guessers say. Supposed to be 5" of rain and come out of it on Friday 20 or more degrees cooler. But then they said it was supposed to start yesterday, and I looked outside and the ground's still dry.

Arcey, it must be real satisfying to look back on a long career of helping so many folks find fun and relaxation at the old Greystone Motel. Most travel agents can't come close to that!

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Stu, depends on where you're taking the bubble bath. If it's in you're own bathroom, that's ok, I guess. But if it's, say, the fountain in the middle of town..........not so much.....

Now yer just splittin' hairs.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. I went back to bed and actually went back to sleep for a couple of hours. No clue for breakfast, just Cawffee for now.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 50 and overcast. "Cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Then numerous showers in the afternoon. Thunderstorms also possible in the afternoon. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Up late had a little bonfire enjoyed the night air with no skeeters or rain and low humdity.  Wish i'd been camping.

Temps back in 80's today. Rain tomorrow.

Thanks for the coffee.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Ma Pearl, my paternal grand momma, rest 'er,  used ta get mad it me 'n tell me I was gonna end up in jail. Knew she was right, always was. Decided ta be a cop so's I'd be standin' on the side of the door facin' the exit when it slammed........

Interestin' law enforcement contrast in the paper. Surely unintentional. Hear/read 'bout the l'il ole gal SS Agent gettin' run over by a trespasser it 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Cesspool on the Potomac.

In an article this morning, we see a photo of the suspect in the abduction an 18 year old U Va. Student, she's still missing. He's been described as 6' 2” 'bout 240 lbs. 'n called, are ya ready, a 'gentle giant.' The photo shows him in the court room.  He appears to be in restraints 'n surrounded by Deputies, each of which are as big or bigger than he is.

The next Director of the SS should 'reach out' to that sheriff and 'embrace' his policy of personnel assignments. Of course, the fed appointee will have to consider PC in his/used ta be a she/her/used ta be a he in the deployment of troops in order to remain a shining beacon of diversity.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
That will prolly never happen as long as the present administration is in power.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Those jobs are handed out by political affiliation not by experiance. She came from disneyland and ran it as the ultimate happy world.
The agents can get in enough trouble on their own... Lets dont mention traffic fatalities hookers uninvited dinner guest. There is a idiot on the throne and his jesters and knights are in reverse order.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
'Bout the size of her hair it..............

Had ta go to an off site pantry. Figgered the one 'cross from Honey Bee GC wuz as good as any. Didn't spot HK ner BF. Did spot his old queen in the GC's parkin' lot where ya couldn't miss it when ya drove in:

Ham, rice 'n butter beans. Tasty. Gotta left o'er hunk ta dice up 'n dump inna bowl of grits in the AM.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Wonder why it is that all these "Gentle Giants" keep getting in trouble with the Law? First the one in Ferguson, Mo gets himself shot, now this guy in Va. I guess all the police out there just aren't very understanding when it comes to Gentle Giants. Maybe they all need sensitivity training. It surely can't be that all these Giants have police records back to when they were in 6th grade, no, it must be the police's fault. {end of sarcastic rant}

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Seems to be a 55 Olds , Dad had one in two tone white over powder blue w/ a Rocket V8
That one looks pretty nice for 60 years old....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
55 was my guess,too. My Aunt had a couple of those for a while. I seem to remember a green one for sure ::)

64 here,dark. Guessers are saying rain for later :-\

Girls friend's funeral was yesterday. I was a pall bearer. Was one for my friend, now one for one of theirs ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 50 and overcast. Rained during the game and over night. "Blustery. Cooler. Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

Prolly gonna rain after dark. Sunday's comin'.

They're pullin' out cold cases on this 'Gentle Giant.' Looks like ever'thin' they've got unmatched DNA on. Hope it ain't false hope for the families.

Gotta dig thru the freezer 'n come up with a menu 'n make a trip to the dope dealer. Turnt on the box ta see if I got the DVRed crap 'n they're hawkin' a pressure cooker. Shut the thing down when I realized I was droolin'.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Buick Roadmaster? Sweet looking car regardless

Rained a good one around 03:30 Noaa Radio woke me up to tell me. The dog pool got topped off. I guess it has blown thru now. The birds are singing. Predicters are saying cold mornings next couple of days.

Persimmon seeds say spoons this year... Meaning you'll have snow to dig out. If'n you follow such crockery and witch craft.  <i do...

Thanks for the coffee

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We had a storm come through about 1530 yesterday, the power went off at 1600, and is still off. A lot of high wind and heavy rains. We lost a limb in the front yard.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
55 Olds, Rocket 88, most likely a 4 speed hydromatic.

At work had to run an errand downtown this morning for wife, escaped unscathed, got there only had two dimes, 12 minutes in other words, should have been fine, ladies printer wouldn't work, hat to write a receipt by hand. 
was getting in the Filed Marshall just as it red flagged and little white SUV was drivin' by slow, loady grinned and waved, I grinned and waved, LOL it was a customer. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com