Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 146113 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »
Brought the girls home from Vet they were happy to be home..... Remarked all their territory
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2014, 03:06:20 PM »
Ya need ta catch up with one them balloon jockey's, Russ. Make 'em a proposition. Ya offer ta take 'em to Norfolk where they can blow the things up with air, float it on the Hague it the Chrysler 'n call it a sculpture. Folks in the artsy crowd'll call 'im an artist 'n pay 'im money ta stick it in the water. You get 50%.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Joan Rivers is the one that died, not Betty White.  I had some Vienna sausages, pepper jack cheese, and some Ritz crackers for lunch.  No clue for supper. I got my haircut, picked up my cleaning, picked up some pants from the alteration shop, and gassed up the P/U.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 03:55:16 PM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
Normal chores around here, too hot earlier for much else and too rainy this afternoon.

The person from SafeLite came out this morning and repaired the front window on the Cadillac.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »
Early this morning social media that would be facebook twitter and the services had posted Betty White dyed! Age 90 . Local news broke with the falase report here. At that time they claimed Joan Rivers had been moved from icu to a private room. How fast things can turn.    

Note one word in the fake report was spelled wrong....

RIP joan
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
Hey, cussin Tom.

Whatcher dogs up too?

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/09/surgery-ailing-great-dane-yields-43-12-socks

He's the one i thought of when i read this

You'd thunk after 20 missing socks you'd be suspicious of  their whereabouts.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2014, 05:13:07 PM »
It sounds like the Great Dane had a real sock fettish.  No clue for supper tonight. I got my new CCH permit in the mail today. I'm good for another 5 years.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
Cooked a whole pig butt yesterday, pig butt samwhiches tonight, more leftover pig butt stuff the next few day. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »
It sounds like the Great Dane had a real sock fettish.  No clue for supper tonight. I got my new CCH permit in the mail today. I'm good for another 5 years.

Might try "Sock It To Me Stew"   ::) ::) ::)
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »
It sounds like the dog's owners need to secure the socks. Maybe the dog was lonesome and ate the socks because they smelled like it's owners.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »
Arcey

I think there is a pirate ship balloon, but haven’t seen it yet ( but it is only day one).  I think the problem would be that by the time the keel of the ship was on the water line, it would be very hard to keep the burner llit.   ;D

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »
I saw that article Arcey. Sounds like the owners were clueless. Maybe it was just one sock of each type and they blamed it on the washing machine or the dryer.

I guess the frog that won the contest just wanted to get stoned!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:44 PM »
Evening y'all.

Long days are becoming the story of my life.  The problem is, I don't foresee them getting any shorter for the next 50+ years... ::)
Drove the new car most of the way to the city, then traded with the mother for in town.

Deer rifle season starts in two weeks.  Getting excited 'bout that.
have a test for Math class tomorrow.  bleh.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
I can't  sleep tonight.That's another problem about being old. Too many aches and pains.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:39 PM »
TLD, looks like you and I get Nighthawk duty,I'll bank the fire for the early risers and put up the makings for biscuits and ham steak.I haven't been sleeping well either,I'll get 1 to 2 hours then wake up for 30 minutes or so then repeat the process for the rest of the night.See Y'all in the a.m.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:07 AM »
That's how it works with me as well, I play of my IPad and channel surf on the Satellite dish. The ham biscuits sound good. I gotta have that Cawffee in the morning, right after I wake up.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2014, 04:43:08 AM »
That's how it works with me as well,

Ditto

I must have the best checked plumbing in the county....
Shoulders & R. knee are my pain points.... took a Naproxen a few minutes ago, that will make the day some better.

Fresh ham biscuits sound mighty good, thanks for the Jo.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2014, 05:47:54 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Same as yestitty. 17 days 'til fall.

Thinkin' if a dog, 'specially a big'un, decides ta eat sumthin' 'cuz it smells like me my hind parts gonna be in the barn loadin' heavy stuff fer one both the dual exhaust Stoegers.

Bein' out 'n playin' in Wednesday's heat drained me. Last two evenin's I've crashed come night-night time. Up each night since only once ta pump bilges 'n that's it. Slept 'til almost 0600 yestitty mornin'.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2014, 06:21:23 AM »
Our age has changed the meaning of an "All nighter" for sure ::) ;D

70, broken clouds here. Guessers are calling for upper 80's to the 90's today........Blah ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com