Author Topic: Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started  (Read 336846 times)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Boy there sure seems to be an influx of Sony Bravias around here!  We got ours back in November, and it’s been great!  Ours came from Wally World also.  Sounds like we made a good choice.

Happy Birthday Stoney!!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Stoney.

Happy birthday, Stoney!
Leo, them squibs are no fun. I usually have a cleaning rod at the range that I have used to push squibs back into the case.

'Tis 32° and sunny. High of 40°. "Light rain and freezing rain this evening will mix with snow and sleet overnight. Low near 25F."

Slim

I achaly bent my cleaning rod on the first go around.  Oiled the heck out of the barrel and let her set.  From there I put the brush extension on the rod an tapped at it while jigglin the cylinder with the retaining pin out.  It was a very happy moment when she dropped.
     I'll stick with TMJ's for now when it comes to plinkin.  ;)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Oh, an HAPPY BIRTHDAY Stoney!!!

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Happy B’day, SP.

Affernoon. boys.

L’il cooler taday. Not bad thou.Got the house werk done. Guns left ta clean ‘n racin’ ta watch.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
I achaly bent my cleaning rod on the first go around.
Bummer.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Howdy, pards. Thanks for the coffee. The sun is out with a smile. It looks like a ride is in order later on.

Happy Birthday, Stoney.

Have ta say it was a good day shootin, just coulda done with out this hang up  >:(
     So much for "professional" reloads.
I don't buy professional reloads anymore. I got one that had a double charge in it when I was shooting my cousin's pistol. Blew the gun all to heck. I had little bloody specks all over my face from the shrapnel and my hands hurt for a while. The gun was toast. Thank goodness for safety glasses. I was lucky. It was a Colt 1911 with steel-reinforced grips that saved my hands from anything other than superficial bruising. Colt rebuilt the thing and the ammo manufacturer paid for it. Now I shoot only my own reloads or factory loads. I also have blewie-proof grips on mine, just in case.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Smart move Marshall Will.
     That was the first problem I've had with the vendors reloads, but it was enough.  This rod came from a very good kit (Klean Bore) an I cant even bend it back with my hands.  That puppy was STUCK.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
Well finallly got around to the TV,  looks good right outa the box,  didn't take long to hook up,  fooled with it about an hour,  haven't got the surrond sound hooked up yet, had to take off and roll up some growout house curtains,  looking a little like rain.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
OT
     Once ya get all the connections made go out an rent your all time favorite movie to break her in.  It adds to the satisfaction factor after droppin all that coin  ;D  After I got my satellite hook up I believe the first thing we watched was a rerun of "King of the Hill"...a little anti climatic fer the occasion.  Could a got that with basic cable  :P

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
turned over to the NASCAR channel,  almost climbed up on the back of the chair, thought I might get run over  ;D  sure is a nice bright, clear and big picture. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
turned over to the NASCAR channel,  almost climbed up on the back of the chair, thought I might get run over  ;D  sure is a nice bright, clear and big picture. ;D

Might wanna shy off the 4th turn shots. Gonna be some tore up cars in that corner.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:

The movie house is on it's way out.
     Sad in a way but at least you won't have to hear that fat kid munchin popcorn an slurpin his soda  ;D
     Also won't have to deal with that cunfuzed lady who has to ask "what did he jus say" every five minutes.  Then there's always the theater proctor who insists on explainin all the films subtle nuances to his date...an everybody else  ;)  Enjoy your new machine!

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
 ;D ;D ;D, OT. Once you get comfortable with it and learn some of the extras, you're gonna love it!............Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
My Ol 36in JVC still has a pretty good picture, I will move it to my bedroom when I get that new SONY.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:

OT We have a 42" Plasma,they are great.Get a good western and sit down and enjoy the experience :D

Dakota

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cuzzin Stoney!

Yep the Sony Bravia's are great, when you read the reviews they always shine, the only thing that gets mentioned is their price.  In this case you are paying for quality. 

O.T.  Once you get the surround sound hooked up be careful if you watch your favorite War Movie, you'll think your in the middle of the battlefield when the sound and picture come together.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
jist got in from werk, Happy Birthday SP, Hope it was a goodun... ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Happy B-Day SP - looks like flu is almost gone.

Taking my meds still tonight just to be sure.

Got some reloading stuff done and a little clean-up today, otherwise took it easy.

Have a good sunday evening

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Ya mean this flu actchaly goes away?  Can't wait to see it head off into the horizon.
     Glad yur feelin better PR.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Happy Birthday Stoney Pete!

Sorry for the late message but I just got home from the shoot today.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com