Author Topic: No foolin', it's April  (Read 357094 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No foolin', it's April
« Reply #1120 on: April 30, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »
Temp thingy says 60, but I'll bet it's warmer than that. Sun's out.
 I'm beatin' clothes on the rocks today. We need some good thoughts here, my mower went dead yesterday before I could even mow :o :( Maybe lR could bring Pea-Eye up and let him graze some.................Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #1121 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:10 AM »
Mornin' pards. Thanks for the coffee, LR. Fog again this morning, it'll burn off by noon. Second day in a row. Must be really nice inland.

You don't see many of them around here Peruvians Pasos........I don't know how tall you are but alot of Quarter hoss's will make you (note not me)feel like yer feet will drag....Right Slim?
I'm about 6'2".

You saying that LR is 125 years old?  ;D ;)
I hadn't thought about it. He sure looks good for that age if he is.  :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1122 on: April 30, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
You saying that LR is 125 years old?  ;D ;)

Hope your little one is feeling better.

Then tall horses, was just thinking I was able to hop up on a horse 15 hands bareback....Now I look for a stump a  step to get to the stirrup.

Buck, you and Suzie would just coddle him and the dogs would get jealous...
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #1123 on: Today at 04:43:03 AM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: April 30, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »
Roo, his name is Mendocino, previous owners named him after the song Mendocino County Line.  He is totally laid back he knew someone was there even as small as Valerie was but he just ambled along, he would probably be a good training horse for youngsters as he is not likely to do anything stupid and doesn't spook easily.

Buck he must do fine with fat, old men since I are one.  Cino is the kind of horse I wouldn't have a problem with putting anyone on.  The one exception I might make is the type of person like one young girl we had taking lessons for a while.  If the horse di something unsusual, like stumbled in a gait she would begin to scream at the top of her lungs hysterically.  All that did was convince whatever horse she was on that all the devils of the nine hells were coming to get them.  She didn't last long, even when her parents offerred to pay extra, no one wanted to put their horse through that.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: April 30, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
Daughter is feeling much better.  The advantage to my being home is I was able to air out the house and I was a good boy and did all the laundry. ;D  The best part is my bride doesn't know yet. 8)

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1125 on: April 30, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »
lR, Susie says you're right ;D
 Glad your daughter's feelin' better, Stoney.
 Haven't been able to get through to the company for the mower, and no answer to my E-Mail contact either. All I wanted was an authorized repair place near me if one exists......Buck 8) ::) >:(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »
Sounds like yer day went well, SP.

Yanno, I don’t pretend ta know much ‘bout hosses.  Motorcycles either.  But I got ta thinkin’ ‘bout them short hosses ‘n yer feet draggin’ the ground ‘n all.

Wingam, Rooster, help me out here.

Seems if a hoss is short, ya could stick a pair of highway pegs high on the saddle.  Stick ya a set of ape hangers on the horn.  Adjust all for a comfortable ‘recline’ on a padded sissy bar with yer feet a good ways off the ground.  Nice ‘n relaxed.

Wouldn’t that werk?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »
Temp thingy says 60, but I'll bet it's warmer than that. Sun's out.
 I'm beatin' clothes on the rocks today. We need some good thoughts here, my mower went dead yesterday before I could even mow :o :( Maybe lR could bring Pea-Eye up and let him graze some.................Buck 8) ::)

That's what I wish for when I request good thoughts.  I guess you were thinking of something else. ::)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: April 30, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »
Daughter is feeling much better.  The advantage to my being home is I was able to air out the house and I was a good boy and did all the laundry. ;D  The best part is my bride doesn't know yet. 8)

I have to leave my home if anyone wants to air it out...

Sounds like yer day went well, SP.

Yanno, I don’t pretend ta know much ‘bout hosses.  Motorcycles either.  But I got ta thinkin’ ‘bout them short hosses ‘n yer feet draggin’ the ground ‘n all.

Seems if a hoss is short, ya could stick a pair of highway pegs high on the saddle.  Stick ya a set of ape hangers on the horn.  Adjust all for a comfortable ‘recline’ on a padded sissy bar with yer feet a good ways off the ground.  Nice ‘n relaxed.

Wouldn't that werk?

You could do it the Trinity way:
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: April 30, 2007, 10:24:50 PM »
well Tensleep and miss Annie made it here today, we've just been vsiting up a storm,  went out to Western Sizzler for a little supper,  we gonna get up in the morning and hand feed a few baby turkeys.

may make turkey farmers outa of em yet ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1130 on: May 01, 2007, 01:44:12 AM »

Wouldn’t that werk?

You could do it the Trinity way:

That's my Period Correct Saddle ;D ;D ;D

Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #1131 on: May 01, 2007, 06:18:34 AM »
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com