Author Topic: Who needs an Elf on the shelf,Cawfee,Tea and a Chocolate Lab watching us for Dec  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
That's it, same same you DO understand  :)

I had forgotten to mention the COLORFUL Language in my narrative.
I did notice flowering things nearby had wilted.  ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
Ha!   We do not have kids, so filters were poorly developed.  I have had moments that sent parents scrambling to get their kids indoors.   Bad day mowing resulted in me losing it and the mower went flying across the yard with loud words.  It was not one of my better moments.  But very memorable moment to some neighbors.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
We're still alive here, she's getting better and I am not as wore out but getting there.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
#1 daughter is here safe and sound. And, we got out of Milwaukee without a scratch.  ::)

Time for a nap. I've been awake since 03:15.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1160
I feel your pain Major!   Sunday, we were doing laundry for the upcoming work week.   Wife had a load in the front loading washer when it quit.   Fortunately, i knew the issue.   There is a filter on the bottom of the thing that if clogged the maching stops in its tracks.  Problem is, it now has water in it and for me to get to it, I have to lay on the floor.   Me and a bunch of towels get soaked for a lousy $0.37 in change that had blocked up the system.   The bigger pain is getting it back together.  Lots of colourful language, and it is done and the washer is fixed.   Big problem.  Now the dryer will not shut off.   Only way to get it to stop spinning is to unplug it.   Bigger problem, Chiefs are ready to kick off.   I unplug it, trying to convince spouse it is a coincidence and I didn't even touch the dryer.    Well, watching the game and youtube to find a fix.   Found one, then a second one that had our dryer.   Aparently the board relays get stuck.  Eventually the board will need to be replaced, but a quick fix is to expose the board, whack the relays with the screwdriver, put it all back together and voila it should work.   Wife was doubtful, but at halftime, I ran up, dissembled, whacked and reassembled.   Voila, it works.   Restores my faith in the internet and questionable fixes.   Wife still thinks I did something but we were both appropriately dressed in clean clothing for the week and no expensive visits from repairmen.  I did have my sweatpants at half mast to cover any union issues.

My good Mog

If you are really lucky, the relay is a common one that can be replaced with a soldering iron.
Persistant effort will result in finding a compatible replacement…. Even if it means “dangling off the board”

Prf mbml
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Afternoon y'all.
Coffee, tea and eggnog are ready.

Just got back with a Frasier fir.

'Tis 30 and sunny. High of 40.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

It appears the Suburban's fuel pump is no longer working.  :(

'Tis 30 and partly sunny. High of 39.

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

The fir tree is in the house. Decorating will happen today.

Making shelving to organize my reloading stuff.

'Tis 30 and overcast. "Cloudy. A slight chance of drizzle in the morning  then a chance of rain showers and drizzle in the afternoon. Patchy fog. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast wind around 5 mph in the morning becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Have to run her to get nails done today, then I'm in till Wed hopefully.  Got Dr appointment and should get results of biopsy.  With the tumor not having spread at all even not the best news can't be real bad, just another round of a different Chemo. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
A most MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

The lights are on the tree.

Got the shelf done. It is 48"X82". Think bookcase. Now, I have to clear a spot in the garage to put it.  ::)

'Tis 34 and fog. "Cloudy. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. A slight chance of drizzle. Highs in the middle 40s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 20 percent."

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Got the shelving in place and fastened to the wall. Starting to fill shelves.

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Slim, we need pictures so we can see what an organized reloading area looks like.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

Slim, we need pictures so we can see what an organized reloading area looks like.
When I get it "organized" I will post pictures.

'Tis 36 and fog. High of 51.

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
So, probably never then? ;D ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
So, probably never then? ;D ;D ;D
Let's say more organized.  ::)

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Merry Christmas ya’ll
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Forgot how to use this forum. Hope you all doing well.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We are doing OK, Rita is doing better, she fell Sat afternoon coming in the house.  but she landed on her butt on the second step and I got her up, she fell Wed at Drs office. I should have just left her on the step and called 911.  I was carrying things in and had to put those down and pee real bad.  Yeah another comedy of sorts.  Surprised no one saw me go in and leave her.  But she was actually alright or mostly.

Well I got her in without the cops showing up, but we got my BP up again so I got her settled and took nitro and real soon it was back to normal, HR did not go up so that's better, a 155 or so pulse is more dangerous than a 200/100 BP and for now easy to fix.

But she could not get up off the toilet by herself and at about 3 am I almost didn't so after a short discussion I called 911.  She got gone and my BP was high again, but not as much.
Anyway I got to sleep about 9 when I was sure she was OK and texted/called people.  Mostly slept yesterday between calls and texts.
Got up about 12 am because licky dog wanted out, food and water.    I am drinking also because I might be a bit dehydrated.

Supposed to freeze and snow and will likely be icy and we both think if it does I should stay home.  We will be fine, I have plenty of supplies, will rest up till she gets home.   
If biopsy comes out good this week we should have it made or at least for a while. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Merry Christmas, y'all.
Eggnog is ready.

'Tis 42 and fog. "Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Chance of precipitation 60%. Low temperature around 49F. Dew point will be around 47F with an average humidity of 98%. Winds will be 11 mph from the SE.'

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com