Author Topic: Anyone Having Problems With Their CCI Caps  (Read 884 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 695
Anyone Having Problems With Their CCI Caps
« on: February 21, 2023, 02:08:59 PM »
A few months ago I found a few thousand CCI 10 and 11 caps.

My pietta tends to like the 11 caps better so that is what I use on it.

Well, I opened one of the newer tins of number 11 caps and they would not fit on the cones at all. I could not figure out why they wouldn't fit like they always did.

Finally, I pulled out one of my older CCI number 11 caps and they went right on and fit perfect.

Have they changed their specs?
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Anyone Having Problems With Their CCI Caps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 03:03:14 PM »
Oh geeze! I hope they didn't mislabel a bunch 'cause that'll screw everybody up. Their #10s will only fire on one of my guns (a 3rd Model Dragoon with a hammer fall like a rifled musket). The #10 are too tight on all my other 15 or so guns.  The #11 CCIs will fit on about half my guns and the RWS 1075s work on about 1/4 of my guns. I will be watching this thread also hoping someone has an answer for you.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 04:58:46 PM »
Hellgate, I'm glad you found one gun that CCI #10s fit. I've never been so lucky.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:28:40 PM »

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 05:27:25 PM »
I've got a set of nipples for my Ruger that were polished down to take RWS #10s, and another set that fit everyone's #11s.  People used to laugh at me for doing this, but I can always find caps that fit my revolver.  Maybe try polishing the nipples down to fit the caps you have/can find?
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 06:39:30 PM »
I've got a set of nipples for my Ruger that were polished down to take RWS #10s, and another set that fit everyone's #11s.  People used to laugh at me for doing this, but I can always find caps that fit my revolver.  Maybe try polishing the nipples down to fit the caps you have/can find?

Seems a lot of work for some caps that should be sized correctly from the factory.  ;D
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 06:40:23 PM »
Oh geeze! I hope they didn't mislabel a bunch 'cause that'll screw everybody up. Their #10s will only fire on one of my guns (a 3rd Model Dragoon with a hammer fall like a rifled musket). The #10 are too tight on all my other 15 or so guns.  The #11 CCIs will fit on about half my guns and the RWS 1075s work on about 1/4 of my guns. I will be watching this thread also hoping someone has an answer for you.

I hope they did't either. They are clearly to small though. Planning to check out some of my others and hope I just got one tin labeled wrong and not the whole lot.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 08:33:34 AM »
You guys can actually find percussion caps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com