CAS TOPICS > Shooter's Meeting

66 Yellowboy

<< < (4/4)

Cliff Fendley:
I'm going to have to look closely at mine, if they are like that it's not so I've noticed.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Pappy Hayes on July 28, 2022, 01:48:55 PM ---Is there a way to make the bright brass look close to the center plates?

--- End quote ---

Well, shoot it with real black powder, and don't polish it any more.  But that will take a good while and the side plates might just keep getting darker, too.  Some people have gotten a little bit of patina head start by making a paste with BP fouling and a little water, and wiping that over the frame.  But that is only a small change in my experience.  There is also something called Brass Black (I think) but I'm not real sure what that would do.

dusty texian:
 Just a heads up , I would not use the Birchwood Casey Brass Black for an antique look . I have used it on brass fittings and the results are a blackish blue finish .  ,,,,DT

dusty texian:

--- Quote from: Abilene on July 27, 2022, 12:40:39 PM ---Well, here's mine.  Last polished maybe 15 years ago?  And hasn't been shot much for the last 10 years.  There is definitely a different alloy from the frame to the side plates.   Never saw one as much difference as Pappy's though.

--- End quote ---
                           Very cool looking Abilene .,,,DT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version