CAS TOPICS > Gunsmithing

cylinder notch peening

<< < (2/3) > >>

Coffinmaker:

:) NativeShootist  ;)

Agree with Pettifogger.  Your Cylinder does appear to be quite salvageable.  It also appears the Bolt has NEVER fit the slots.  After de-burring the cylinder, before you put it back into service, please refer to Pettifoggers most excellent tutorial for fitting the bolt.  Currently, the bolt head is NOT entering the cylinder slot but is just sitting on the top of the slot.  FIT THE BOLT!!

:)  Pettifogger   ;)

Where'd you get that nifty de-burring tool??  Weak minds are curious, even if retired  ::)

Pettifogger:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on June 01, 2022, 08:34:00 AM --- :) NativeShootist  ;)

Agree with Pettifogger.  Your Cylinder does appear to be quite salvageable.  It also appears the Bolt has NEVER fit the slots.  After de-burring the cylinder, before you put it back into service, please refer to Pettifoggers most excellent tutorial for fitting the bolt.  Currently, the bolt head is NOT entering the cylinder slot but is just sitting on the top of the slot.  FIT THE BOLT!!

:)  Pettifogger   ;)

Where'd you get that nifty de-burring tool??  Weak minds are curious, even if retired  ::)

--- End quote ---

Any tool supply outlet.  Here is one from MSC.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/05752647

nativeshootist:
I forgot to mention i was following Pettifogger's articles and the revolver is an Uberti, i will go and buy the deburring tool though

Coffinmaker:

:) Ok  ;)

The procedure for fitting the Bolt is same same whether Pietta or Uberti.

The Procedure for fixing the peen'd slots is likewise, same same.

Your Cylinders Leads also show significant scuffing which indicates a too heavy Trigger/Bolt spring.  Look into a lighter Trigger/Bolt spring.

Play Safe Out There

nativeshootist:
thanks you both, you're a lot of help.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version