CAS TOPICS > The Darksider's Den

BP lube and jacketed bullets

(1/2) > >>

DeaconKC:
Okay, I am new to BP but had a guy at the LGS today telling a new shooter that if he used jacketed bullets with real BP he didn't have to worry about using BP specific loads. I told him to check with experienced shooters, but I understand that the lube keeps the BP fouling soft and would have nothing to do with what type of bullet used. Is this correct?

Abilene:
yes

lotta limpbrains out there.

Coffinmaker:

:)  Deacon  ;)

PLUS ONE for Abilene you betcha!!!

The guy at the LGS is an IDIOT.  Black Powder fouling is cumulative.  It builds every shot.  If not kept soft, it soon causes rifles and pistols to shoot shotgun patterns.  And once hardened into Black concrete, really hard to clean.

The ONLY thing that can be shot without lube is APP.

Play Safe Out There.  People Are Hazardous to Yer Health

Advertising:

David Battersby:

--- Quote from: Abilene on February 12, 2022, 08:28:24 PM ---lotta limpbrains out there.

--- End quote ---

Once upon a time I asked for Goex 2F black powder at a gun shop with a known national name. After a brief question and answer period A can of Alliant Red Dot was presented to me as "black powder".   Not just stupid, scary stupid.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: David Battersby on February 13, 2022, 03:59:29 PM ---Once upon a time I asked for Goex 2F black powder at a gun shop with a know national name. After a brief question and answer period A can of Alliant Red Dot was presented to me as "black powder.   Not just stupid, scary stupid.

--- End quote ---
Very scary!!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version