Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

Uberti love

<< < (3/3)

Abilene:
DaveT, you and Coffinmaker are easy to annoy.  :)  Now, disregarding the barrel, I decided to look up "Clone" in Merriam-Webster.

Definition number 2 of the Noun version: "one that appears to be a copy of an original form"

and among the synonyms listed are:  "copy, dummy, dupe, duplicate, duplication, facsimile, imitation, mock, reduplication, replica, replication, reproduction."

so...
 :)
FWIW I prefer reproduction or replica. 
And I like octagonal barrels, thus my 4 '51 conversions.  ;D

Coffinmaker:
 :)  Ha!!!

Not at all easy to annoy.  I happen to like my attitude.

Octagonal barrels are Geshund!!!!!

Clone just doesn’t cut the cheese.  I’d like to do bad things to the useless scribe who first uttered the term.  I prefer “REPLICANT “

Play Safe Outside

River City John:
A "REPLICANT" is what Agent Deckard hunts in "Blade Runner". ;D ;)

Advertising:

Reverend P. Babcock Chase:
Howdy All,

I admit that I like the look and balance of and 1851, though I like the 1860 better. I love the 1873 as originally designed - a near perfect single action in concept. I further have to admit that I find an octagon barrel on a '73 is kind of like putting whitewalls on a new Corvette: an odd cosmetic modification with no real performance benefit.

Don't hate me for being a hide-bound traditionalist.

Rev. Chase

cpt dan blodgett:

--- Quote from: Dave T on October 31, 2021, 03:56:16 PM ---I'm a history buff and because of that have been called a "nit-picker" on occasion.  So I have a "nit" to pick.

Please don't refer to these as a "clone" of anything.  Colt, who has dibs on the "1873" when it comes to revolvers, never made their Model of 1873 with an octagonal barrel and not until early/mid 20th Century chambered in 357 Mag.

Enjoy your gun as it looks and in it's current chambering and more power to you.  But please, don't call it a "clone".  It's a single action revolver patterned after but not a copy of the original, the Colt Single Action Army.

OK, you all can yell at me now,
Dave

Wow, how hard would it have been to let the original poster enjoy the beauty of his new toy??

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version