CAS TOPICS > The Darksider's Den

Stainless Steel Uberti Colt's Picture added

<< < (2/2)

Coffinmaker:

:)  FCK  ;)

Well, I kinda sorta gotta disagree.  I think the Stainless Uberti percussion guns are way NEAT!!  Different, Yes, but incredible neat.  In a weird sort of way.

I suspect they suffer the same Abysmal Barrel/Arbor fit as the rest of Uberti production.  While I'm no Uberti percussion fan, the guns are well different!!

People are Still Contagious.  Avoid'Em

Reverend P. Babcock Chase:
Howdy Percussionists,

Aside from the rarity of stainless (vs. regular steel) percussion sixguns, I think the original "hoopla" over these guns was the (supposed) rust resistance of stainless. I have never owned or shot one so I have no idea if they resisted the ravages of oxidation due to black powder fouling.

Rev. Chase

Fox Creek Kid:

--- Quote from: Reverend P. Babcock Chase on September 06, 2022, 09:47:34 AM ---Howdy Percussionists,

Aside from the rarity of stainless (vs. regular steel) percussion sixguns, I think the original "hoopla" over these guns was the (supposed) rust resistance of stainless. I have never owned or shot one so I have no idea if they resisted the ravages of oxidation due to black powder fouling.

Rev. Chase

--- End quote ---

A misnomer if there ever was one, stainless does not mean rustless. It will definitely rust.

Fingers McGee:
They're different and rare.  in 20 years of collecting I've only been able to account for 40 examples world wide.  I've shot a pair of Navies and found them to be accurate, easy to clean and no problems with rust or corrosion.  Only problem I've had is with mainsprings on some of the pocket models.  They're either too heavy or too light, but a replacement from VTI solved the problem. 

Big Goose:
Howdy,
 Here's a pic of my Colt 2nd Gen 1860 Army Stainless steel,  Most I've seen pictures of have sort of a satin stainless finish, mine is polished finish- looks almost like nickel, but is SS..
 Big Goose

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version