Author Topic: WHAT AN INCREDIBLE HOOT!!!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE HOOT!!!
« on: September 21, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
A couple of months ago, I acquired a "new to me" Mule Ear Double."  Made by J P Sauer & Sonne in Germany, makers of some fine guns.
Both then.... and now.  This shotgun is at least a Century old, made between 1900 and 1910 area.  At one point, the barrels were in
some way damaged/dented and a previous owner had the barrels cut to eliminate the damage.  The barrels are now about the metric
equivalent of 20 - 21 inches (perfect for Coach Guns).  The gun is very light for a 12Ga, and since I'm a certified recoil WIMP, I added a recoil pad to the stock.

The FUN parts.  The gun has 2 1/2 inch chambers.  I did not want to recut the chambers so I decided to shoot the gun with 2 1/2 inch all brass 12Ga shells.  As it turns out, with the stock dimensions, the recoil with this gun is very mild.  Of course, my CAS load for ALL BRASS 12s isn't exactly stout.  This gun is a HOOT to play with.  The heavy main springs make a reload a chore, but the gun is just plain FUN
to play with.  WHAT A HOOT!!

Coffinmaker.

PS:  Fluid Steel Barrels.  NOT Damascus. 

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
    • The Desperate Hot Springs News
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WHAT AN INCREDIBLE HOOT!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:25:17 AM »
Coffinmaker, . . . . Yep. .  :)   Old ones are a "hoot to shoot"   :) 

I have 5 that shoot, . .  ( and a sixth that is a bunch of parts that needs a butt stock ).

All are OLD  . . . . the newest one a Husqvarna from the 30s or 40s . . . most of them from pre 1900.

I've reamed the chambers in a couple to shoot modern light target loads . . but I mostly shoot all brass black loads.   

They are GREAT guns . . . it is wonderful to hold history in your hand and make it go BANG !

I also shoot a Winchester '73 that came out of the factory in 1886.   

If only they could TALK !

Good shootin'  . . . .

Wolfgang
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com