Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

Cimarron Coach Gun

<< < (2/2)

Shotgun Franklin:
I had a Stoeger that I used at 3 matches a month from about 1997 until about 2010. I also used it for dove hunting, squirrel hunting and at work. I can't even guess how many thousands of shells I put through it. It finally started separating at that joint. I figured I'd got my money's worth.

Old Smokey:
Dang, my bubble just burst. I never knew the Cimarron Coach Gun was made in China.   :'(

Major 2:
Did you know 
Remington sold one that was Russian,  it was for several years anyway , now back under the Baikal logo again.
 Stoeger is Brazilian.... as is the no longer made Rossi.
There were a few from Turkey, under a couple of names , ADCO had pair , and then there were the Liberty & Liberty II.
Poland had an offering now defunk.
and The Italians still offer two Coach Guns .

To my knowledge, the good "ol" USA has no dog in the fight.

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:
Funny, I just found this topic.  New?? Or have I just been skimming over it for eons??
Anyway, currently, the best value for dollar in a Hammer Double is the Cimarron/TTN.  The TTN moniker no longer being a player.
The shotgun plays this game right out of the box with a caviat.  RUST.  As soon as you get one home, take it completely apart and flush the entire action with solvent (I like breakfree) and then lube it.  While it's apart, I suggest a "Slixsprings" lever spring replacement.
Then de-horn the hammers.  Unless you want miss-fire problems down the road, leave the springs ALONE. 
While the innerds are a little rough, very reliable guns.

Coffinmaker

Old Smokey:
Thanks for that info, Coffinmaker.    ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version