Author Topic: Anybody have the Bullseye ejector rod on their Ruger?  (Read 10687 times)

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anybody have the Bullseye ejector rod on their Ruger?
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:50 PM »
In the Brownells catalog there's a product by MK Technologies that offers either a crescent ejector rod and bullseye ejector rod and also offers the housing for it as well as a combo.

Outlaw Grips offers it as well.

Does anyone have one of these on their Ruger SA?
A work in progress.

Offline Jubal Starbuck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Anybody have the Bullseye ejector rod on their Ruger?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
   I have them on 4 of my Rugers---2 blue & 2 stainless.  I like 'em better than the ones they came with.  Try 'em, you'll like 'em!

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
   I have them on 4 of my Rugers---2 blue & 2 stainless.  I like 'em better than the ones they came with.  Try 'em, you'll like 'em!

That bullseye will look good on my Old Model Vaquero. 8)
A work in progress.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:16:07 AM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
Naw, I ain't installed them on any Ruger Blackies or Vaqueros yet.   :-X
Dang, they do look cool & they ARE very functional.
I'm pondering putting them on a pair of .44 K-Vaqueros with short barrels.

Mustang Gregg  

PS  They don't hang ya up when reholstering, do they?
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Jubal Starbuck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
  Mustang Gregg:  I have never noticed any problems with bullseye ejector rod heads when reholstering any of my Old Model Vaqueros, Colt, or the two Colt clones I have them on.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »
I put a crescent one on my "old model" Vaquero 45 Colt several years ago as the original was to small. They are top notch in quality, some minor fitting was needed, function is 'top shelf'. My "new model" 357 Vaquero came with an ejector that fit 'my bill', so no replacement was done. The MK  Tech brand went by another name at the time, it is hidin in my brain right now, but it started with a 'Q'.  You won't be disappointed. Hey there Jubal! All is quiet along the mighty Winnebago and Shell Rock-at least till the next time I venture along the banks and 'pop' some primers and caps. Klach Klach Klach! Maybe this week-end-I'll give ya a jingle.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Ken J Dyck

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »
I recently purchased a pair of used Vaqueros (original model) and they have the Bullseye rods installed.

Both revolvers were used in competition, lots of use with cowboy loads. I noticed an issue that will present itself with long term usage. With the OEM base pin and ejector rod, when the cylinder is removed, the front of the base pin rests squarely against the ejector rod tab. The bullseye ejector tab is concave on both sides, and the base pin rests against that concave surface, and the tab puts a side force on the ejector pin. Eventually the opening of the hole will wear oblong.

I trimmed a bit off my base pin, so it drops out just as in a Colt SAA, to prevent any more side wear.

If you install a bullseye ejector, trim the base pin or install a Colt style one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com