Regional Topics > Chinook Country

1885 Highwall

<< < (2/2)

RattlesnakeJack:
Nine Toe:

Just sent you a direct e-mail about a .45-70 Uberti Highwall currently on offer in a dealer's listing on the Trader Boards of CanadianGunNutz forum .....

Haggis MacGurk:
This is a little late, but MILARM in Edmonton has an Uberti Highwall in 45-120 in stock right now, and they've had it for over a year. Might be able to work out a deal or something. I realize that it's a caliber meant for taking down charging locomotives, but yer never know.

Nine Toe Jim:
Thanks Haggis,

I just got an email from my friend and he got tired of looking for a 45-90 High Wall and ordered a Pedersoli Long Range Express Sharps in 45-90 with a 34 inch barrel. He should have it by now.  That should keep him busy for a few months working up a load HAW!

NTJ

Advertising:

Haggis MacGurk:
No problem. I've actually been looking at that particular Highwall for a bit. It would look good next to my other Highwall in 38-55. Seems a bit light for that caliber, though. My Rolling Block in 50-90 is quite pleasant to shoot, but it weighs somewhere in the 15 lb range. A 10 lb rifle in 45-120 might be a bit intense...

Nine Toe Jim:
I would think it would be a little intense. I think I even have a set of reloading dies for a 45-120.

A friend of mine in Montana had a sharps 50-140 and after he had a bit of a heart problem his doctor told him to quit using it so he sold it. HAW!   When he touched off a round next to me at the Quigley Shoot it felt like someone hit me in the chest.

NTJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version