CAS TOPICS > The Darksider's Den

Clean up

<< < (2/2)

Shiloh Sharpie:

--- Quote from: Big Bear Johnson on April 09, 2004, 01:52:51 PM ---What do you all use to clean up your brass?

I used to use a vinegar and something else solution, can't remember the "something else" though.

any ideas?

--- End quote ---

A bit late but...........A soak of Mr. Clean and water, 1:20 or so.  Rinse well with cold water.  At this point the brass is not too stained and could be polished easily, but I soak it in a solution of 50/50 vinegar and water for 10 minutesto make sure all is neutralized.  Rinse again and throw into vibrator or tumbler and clean/polish to desired point.

Will Ketchum:

--- Quote from: Cuts Crooked on March 28, 2004, 01:06:35 PM ---
My lever guns I clean sorta like frontstuffer, put an empty cartridge case in the chamber, 'n wipe the bore with wet patches till clean, wipe down the outside of the gun, sometimes some detail work in the action area, oil & put away. (don't try this trick iffin yer shootin a bottle necked ca'tridge though, you'll end up with a trapped cleaning jag! :o  )
--- End quote ---

Cuts, what if you took a dedicated case and put a cork or dowel in it so the jag wouldn't go in?   I have found some rubber stoppers I am going to try. 

Will Ketchum

Cuts Crooked:
Howdy Will,

No reason that wouldn't werk! The idea is to keep the crud from entering the action and a fireformed & "plugged" cartridge should do the same thing as my method!

Advertising:

Dick Dastardly:
Now, for the simple, easy and fast way.

Spritz of Moosemilk (Ballistol & water 1:7) from my spritz bottle, and a pull of the Boresnake.  Yer done.

Wipe down gun with Ballistol damp rag and put it away.

I've done it for years and not a spot of rust and never a bobble at the firein' line.  Emule me for complete details.

Keep the steel ringn'.

DD-DLoS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version