Author Topic: Fantastic surprise at the range, Cimarron Mason .38  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
Fantastic surprise at the range, Cimarron Mason .38
« on: November 27, 2021, 09:48:11 PM »
Okay, what a nice surprise today at the range. Took a new Cimarron 51 Navy conversion out and was rewarded with a beautiful, light trigger pull and quarter size groups at 7 yards. HOLEE Cats! This thing can shoot! Not only is it beautiful, it shoots. I am gonna have to use a washer on the arbor as it started to drag a bit once in a while, but otherwise, what a nice surprise.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Fantastic surprise at the range, Cimarron Mason .38
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 11:37:52 PM »
Well that's pretty cool!  One of my first 7 1/2" R-M's now has a 4 3/4" barrel and gets paired with a 5 1/2" '61.  The pair of engraved 5 1/2" guns are currently at a 'smith getting the triggers heavied up a bit, and doing his thing on the arbor fit (it's different - I will elaborate when I get them back).  I had retired them a few years ago for the triggers (I draw my limits at sear work) and would like to get them back into action.  I have no idea how any of them do on paper but they ring steel nicely.  ;D

I did need to dull the tips of the firing pins on mine as they would pierce Federal primers.  But they date back 15 years for one pair and 20 for the other.  The more recent Type II's I've bought, which have the same parts, have not had the piercing problem.

But a stock advertising photo will not do!  We demand to see your pistola!  Is this one you put an army grip on?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 08:51:35 AM »
Atza Spicy Meata Ball to be sure!!  Gotta love it when a new gun shoots really well.  Sounds like a little judicious adjustment of the Barrel/Arbor fit may be all it needs.

Play Safe cause it's really some Slick out There

PS:  Not Fair!!  ALL of our ranges are under a whole bunch of Courier & Ives.  Plus it's too cold for an Old Coot

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:38:59 AM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 03:06:15 PM »
Oh, alright. Here's pics. The SAA Uberti has an Army grip as well. And the .44-40 Vaquero wanted it's pic too with a "new" .44 Magnum cylinder.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com