Author Topic: Mounted Shooting Load data  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Bpjouster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mounted Shooting Load data
« on: November 25, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
Hey all! New to the form so dont know if this has been covered... Looking for data and equipment needed for reloading 44spc blanks for horseback use (the little popper ones). I have a ruger blackhawk which i know is not ideal, but its the wepon I got! Any sugestions or ideas would be awesome! Oh and any goups in the new england area that host normal sass matches?

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1155
Re: Mounted Shooting Load data
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
Greetings My Good Herr Jouster

I expect you might get more replies over on the BP forum, or the mounted shooting forum
https://www.cmsaevents.com/about.

I don't know (but I've been wrong before) if the BP blanks are supplied at the event for safety reasons.

of course, one would want to make their own for practice....

oh heres another page regarding vendor tests

https://www.cmsaevents.com/competition/blanks.php

hope this helps
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »
Well sir, like Prof said blanks are provided by the organizers at events, and they are only .45 for pistols, no .44 pistols in sanctioned events that I know of.  But if you are just wanting to practice, then it is easy to make blanks in any caliber.  Main thing is to drill out the primer hole.  I think 3/16" but try to verify that.  It helps keep the primer from backing out with the zero-recoil loads and tying up the gun.  Don't use that brass for regular ammo.  Fill it at least half full of any granulation of BP, amount not critical.  cover with a plug of green florist foam (the squishy kind, not the styrofoamy kind) and compress it.  CMSA pistol blanks don't have a wad over the powder because they are star-crimped (pretty wasteful of brass, just one use).  They do have some sort of 3-in-1 or 5-in-1 or whatever blanks they provide for the rifles, since those can be .44 or .45.  Might want to get your horse accustomed to gunfire if not already before firing full power loads on it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:04:26 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com