Author Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members  (Read 144136 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2008, 07:02:03 AM »
SHB, a man after my own heart. I want them all, too. TJ

TJ - Great minds think alike!  :)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2008, 07:50:06 PM »
 Texas Jack
 Is there any truth to you shooting playing cards at 50 yards with your NCOWS pistol .

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
Rowdy, did you mean like John Wesley Harden five shots in the card?  ;D  Or like Cut The Cards with the card turned edge ways? TJ ::)  :o
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 02:26:14 AM »

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
TJ
put 5 shots in the card  just list like J.W. Hardin , but at 50 yards ??? Now there is a true Shootist .

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
Rowdy, must correct you. John Wesley Hardin was a pistoleer. Clay Allison was a shootist. I read that Hardin would shoot a five shot group in a playing card, sign it and give it to people. Of course people would pay him for this. I thought that it would make a good side match for the National shoot.
Then there is Cut The Cards. While my wife and I were on our honeymoon(several years ago) we saw Joe Dakota cut a playing card into side ways with a single action revolver. He did it off a rest. You may remember Joe Dakota he was in a lot of John Wayne movies. That was pretty good but us NCOWS shootist can do it off hand. That will be another of the National side matches.
Yes I can do both, but at a lot less than 50 yards. How about 7 yards for the five shot group and 5 yards at the card edge ways.
So get ready if you want to be the Pistoleer or the King or Queen Card Cutter.  ;) TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
Howdy Pards
Just wiped down my NCOWS pistol . I am ready for the National Shoot , I am having trouble trying to figure out what category to shoot in .Working Cowboy has spoiled me , just a pistol and rifle and saddle bags over my shoulder, Who knows maybe the Originals ??

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »
While talking to a pard who came to our last GLFMC shoot, he said that USFA has now discontinued the NCOWS "Special" and while you can still order the same gun with custom serial #, it is now the regular price, NOT the special price for Members.

Anybody else know about that?
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
While talking to a pard who came to our last GLFMC shoot, he said that USFA has now discontinued the NCOWS "Special" and while you can still order the same gun with custom serial #, it is now the regular price, NOT the special price for Members.

Anybody else know about that?

Damn!! 
I keep saving my pennies, but I end up giving them to my Denist. >:(

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
Best way to find out is call Gary Granger, but it sounds accurate to me Jeff.  I believe at the time the Special NCOWS revolver was being offered the prices were higher in general for USFA SAAs.  Since they lowered the prices they are working much closer to their cost factor now.  I know that Gary stated there will NOT be as big of a dealer discount for the guns since they have lowered the prices.  Therefore, the price they advertize on the website is probably alot closer to what you will have to pay than before they lowered the price.  Not sure this made sense to you, but it did as I was typing it.   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »
I understand.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2008, 09:17:05 PM »
Howdy Pards
How is wanting NCOWS Pistols ?   We did this about 16 months ago and there wasn't  many takers . This was a great deal at the time but most didn't realize our wasn't interested . For the Johnson County Rangers this was great and several members jumped on them and everyone LOVES there pistols .I shot Working Cowboy last Saturday and it never missed a shot . As I have stated before these are the Finest hand Guns on the Cowboy market . If we have enough Buyers they will pick it up again , money still talks in the US .

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
Rowdy, I was the one who brought it up.  It's a moot point for me since I'd have to win a Lottery to be able to afford one.  I was simply relaying what I'd heard.

If I ever win that Lottery, I'll have a whole stable of USFA guns with matching NCOWS serial numbers.  How cool would it be to have an 1873 Colt (type), a NMA, an 1875 Remington (type) and a 1911 Auto, all with matching serial numbers!

And you could bet your sweet Bippy that I'd proudly shoot 'em ALL!

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
Thanks USFA
I was able to win the 45 Colt Black Powder( Duelist ) Championship This will be on my wall for a long time
and yes I was shooting a pair of USFA 4 3/4 . I love these pistols .

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »
Rowdy, I didn't shoot my USFA in the side matches, but did in the main match. My USFA NCOWS special run revolver carried me to second place in the Working Cowboy Class. Working Cowboy was the largest class in the National Shoot. IMA Sureshot used both my revolvers in the 45 colt championship and did very well. She out shot me with my own guns. How about that!! They are very fine revolvers. TJ

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
Texas Jack, I thought they shot just fine! I cleaned all three stages.  The first with my guns, the second with one of mine and one of yours and the third with both of yours.  Your guns were very well balanced and accurate, the triggers were nice. The final results will show I came in fourth overall in the smokless shootist 45 championship.  JD just gave certificates three deep, so did not announce fourth place. Thanks again for letting me use your USFA guns.  Ima Sureshot

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »
Cousin, you can use my revolvers any time. Please don't show me up so BAD next time though.  You all know she is also Queen of the Card Cutters. TJ  ;D

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
Howdy pards
If your looking for a new six shooter you can't go wrong with a USFA they are truly excellent weapons . There reliable and excellent shooters .

Offline IT KIDD

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »
pards, just why usfa for the ncows firearm??? colt makes guns for sass. if you are talking about  the difference between $1,085 for the usfa and $1,200 for the colt its a no brainer!! as for passing it on a limited edition colt should be worth the difference. did you know the  bolt on the usfa will interchange with uberti!!!! contact bob munden he will tell you the colt bolt can by recut for the hard work of fast draw and fanning but not usaf or uberti!  their bolt is rounded, nothing to recut!! if you consider ncows a historical shooting organization colt balck powder frame is correct, nothing else!!

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Being able to fast draw or fan is a moot selling point. NCOWS does not allow either. ;)

The best answer is that USFA is the company that was willing to accommodate us, so Rowdy worked with them.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
IT Kidd, I am a SASS member also. SASS#12303. The NCOWS special from USFA is no longer available. It was a very good deal and a fine firearm. I don't think Colt has offered to place our NCOWS number on their firearms free. Also think your price on the SASS special is a little off. My Oct. Chronicle has the gun a little higher. At the top of the ad it is listed for $1325, then on down the page you see it is $1335. Then $300 more gets you custom grips and 10 letters on the back strap. My custom grips from USFA was $200 more. Although I am a NCOWS member and try to be as historical correct as I can. I did not order the black powder frame. You see I like to shoot and can no longer see the small black powder frame sights. NCOWS' targets are a bit futher back than SASS targets and I like to hit what I shoot at.
However you are correct, for a colt revolver it is still a good buy.  But getting back to you question. Why USFA for NCOWS? I bought mine to shoot, but to also pass on to one of my Grandsons. The box the gun is in will have a picture of Granddad in full gear, holding his USFA NCOWS revolver also a box of 45 colt ammo, and one of his membership cards. That's one grandson and I have 3 more, will have to see what they get. By the way I do not fast draw or fan. Wyatt Earp said no real gunfight did either. So there is no reason for me to contact Mr. Munden. See you down the trail. TJ  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com