Author Topic: Dang it! I fell off the wagon.  (Read 2619 times)

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Dang it! I fell off the wagon.
« on: March 19, 2020, 03:13:02 PM »
Well, I thought I'd talked myself into this year only getting the new Cimarron American whenever it comes out, but I seem to have fallen off the wagon. First it was an old ASM 1860 that had been defarbed and remarked to look like a Colt, very well too. Then I stumbled on a 45 Peacemaker Centennial used, something that I've been trying to get for close to 25 years and just could never manage. Then this turned up...

https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/view/1-2R6VK0/uberti-remington-1875-45-lc-cal-revolver-nickel-7-barrel-italy

Now I've always thought that the 75 should have a lanyard ring on it like the 90, and I have a blue and case one already that has had one added and a 90 that I converted over to a 75 back before they started making short barreled 75s. So the new Frank model appealed to me when I saw it announced. It was only waiting on the American that caused me to hold off on getting one and the extra money for the fake ivories, all the pics I've seen of the original had wood grips. Sadly they also didn't offer it in 44-40. Now the one I've just bought looks much closer to the original, sadly still not in 44, but it got me to wondering if this one was a Frank or not. And if so are the grips original to the gun or not, which I'll try to determine once it arrives, probably next week. The serial number as stated is UF7027, and that is the lower number than I've been able to see on any of the Frank guns I can find online. So, for any of you all who may have one of the Frank guns in your collection, does anyone have one with a lower number or at least close, and if so does it have the ivory grips or wooden grips. Or do you have a 75 from that range that wasn't identified as a Frank that showed up with a lanyard ring on it anyway. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Dang it! I fell off the wagon.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »
Can't help but you got a good deal!  Purdy!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:58:01 PM »
That does look nice. Good grab. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:16:08 PM »

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:55 PM »
Got the exact same gun,,one of my most accurate guns,,,Except in bright sunlight,,A 250 gr swc at 900fps puts them dead on at 25 yards with my gun.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »
Abilene, while I agree I got a good deal, by the time I tacked on tax, shipping, buyers premium and FFl fees it's gonna cost at least an extra C note.

Willy, is yours a Frank model or just a nickel plated 75, if a Frank did it have the ivory grips or wood like this one?

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 10:41:52 AM »
Abilene, while I agree I got a good deal, by the time I tacked on tax, shipping, buyers premium and FFl fees it's gonna cost at least an extra C note.

Willy, is yours a Frank model or just a nickel plated 75, if a Frank did it have the ivory grips or wood like this one?

Mine doesn't have the lanyard ring ..Just nickel with wood grips.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »
Thanks, Willy, and I have the same problem with nickel guns. Growing up I never thought I'd prefer a cloudy day...course the wife says I haven't grown up yet. Ah what does she know, we've only been married for 40 years or so. ;D

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
Ok, Remington showed up today, already have her on the bench and pulled the wood grips. Numbers written inside the grips, one side only, don't match any of the numbers anywhere on the gun. Made in 2018, so I assume a very early Frank model that either the original ivory-like grips were broken or someone thought they looked better on another gun. Have already put a pair of NC Ordinance black plastic original Remington style grips on it. Looks great against the nickel. Overall very happy, guess that's all that counts. ;D

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:31:46 PM »
Is there a source for lanyard rings to add to Urberti 1875's?
Scouts Out!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
VTI Gunparts has them for the 1890 Police.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Jeremiah, check your Remington first, on the older 75s Uberti put the serial number right where the lanyard ring needs to go.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 04:55:43 PM »
It islegal to drill through the serial number if you re-stamp elsewhere on the revolver's frame.  I did that with an 1875 Uberti.  IIRC, the lanyard ring and hole obscured the last two numbers, so I re-stamped those 2 after the ring for a complete serial number.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 10:56:52 AM »
That could open up some possibilities...hmmm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com