Author Topic: Fouling in the '75's  (Read 3143 times)

Offline law dawg

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fouling in the '75's
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »
I was curious if they had the fouling problems like the '58 or did remmington correct that with this model.

Offline Sunwapta Haze

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Fouling in the '75's
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »
The '75s are notorious for cylinder fouling so I' hazard a guess that they didn't fix the problem.

The good news is that they will run fine all day as long as you use lots of soft BP friendly lube.  If you roll your own ammo I suggest you use a Big Lube TM bullet.  Even with those though the cylinder pin gets hard to release after 3 or 4 cylinders.   

Polishing up the cylinder pin may also be helpful.  Some people suggest you turn in a couple of groove in the pin to hold some lube but I'm not convinced that is required.  I have two 75s one with and one without the lube grooves on the cylinder pin and I can't tell the difference.  If they start to tighten up during a match a couple of drops of Ballistol loosen 'em right up.

I have had no problems with my '58s but that's probably because I remove the cylinders to reload them - no time for fouling to build up on the cylinder pin.

Vaya con Dios, Amigos

Sunwapta Haze
Darkside Acolyte

Offline law dawg

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:15 PM »
I'm a smokeless kind of guy.  I'm planning on getting a pair after I've finished with my '58's.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:36:39 AM »

Offline Sunwapta Haze

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
In that case law dawg you'll not have any fouling to contend with and the '75s shoud run flawlessly.  I've put hundreds of smokeless rounds through mine without any problems.
Vaya con Dios, Amigos

Sunwapta Haze
Darkside Acolyte

Offline judge Walker

• Brazos Rangers
  • Citizen
  • The Law is tendered with a 45
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 08:40:28 PM »
Howdy: I have been using my rems for 15 yrs and have found that if you keep grease in the cylinder pin hole this cut fouling down. I break my guns down after about every sixth shootout that I travel too. I have my own cleaner of acidtone, lamp oil, mineral oil and transmission fluid, 2oz of each in a glass or metal container, if you try to use plastic it want be there the next day. So far it has done good for me and it also deleads and desolves all powder. Getting parts for my match guns is hard, most parts I have had to make or modifiy from VTI.
Judge Walker
Judge Walker

Offline Rapid Lee

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »
I've shot my 44-40 '75s loaded with American Pioneer with no problems whatsoever ;D  They are the older ones with the slight gas ring on the cylinder, but I've not made any other mods to them...your mileage may vary.

Rapid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com