Author Topic: My Latest Remington Addition  (Read 17907 times)

Offline Matt Bastardson

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Latest Remington Addition
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »
I am going to leave this alone, you know everything and there is not point in this.

You chose to hijack a thread I started and this is pointless. I hope you have at least been entertained.

-Ed

Nobody "hijacked' anything.  You posted a photo of a revolver that you claim is "original".  I posted that while it's a beautiful revolver, there is a big market in fakes these days, and this one looks rather suspicious because its in such primo condition....which is highly unusual for a revolver of this age....suspiciously so, and 'if it looks too good to be true....'.
You then proceeded to repeatedly call me names and denigrate me, without posting one iota of proof or evidence that this revolver is genuine other than "you know", while I posted example after example of why it most likely isn't an actual civil war issue arm.

Now, when I ask for closeups of the lettering and proof marks on the gun so we can attempt to match it to known examples and possibly determine once and for all whether its genuine or not, you take your bat and ball and run home.

Apparently I'm not the one that has been doing the "entertaining" here.

Offline Appalachian Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Appalachian Ed------ NCOWS N-SSA/CSA - 2nd KY
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 04:52:09 PM »
I have nothing to prove to you. I let you drag me way too far into this argument with you. You have won by getting me upset with your flawed information.

The mistake I have made is letting you get under my skin.

Say what you want, I know these guns very well, and mine is textbook. You can disagree, and that is fine.

I am done, respond if you want, I do not care.

My apologies to all the Pards out there who have had to read all this.

And I am sure you will respond with something about me not posting more images. I never started this post to get into this, it was a simple look at my new gun post, that you turned into a yea, but it is fake argument, that is pointless with you.

-Ed
"We believed then that we were right and we believe now that we were right then."
- John H. Lewis, 9th Va. Infantry

Offline Matt Bastardson

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
By the way, I'm restoring a Tingle Pistol right now.  It's an Italian (ASM) reproduction circa mid 1980's, but I have no doubt that with hardly any effort at all I could make it look like an original Tingle and put it up for sale to a 'collector' who would be none the wiser...and pay the big bucks.
 I was going to cut the barrel down to 6" or so and reinstall the front sight, but it balances so well I think I'll (after cleaning all of the rust off) leave it alone and just give the frame and barrel a genuine charcoal blue, an oil finish on the walnut grip, and polish the brass up and then let it age naturally.

(Now that's 'hijacking' your thread :) )

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 12:14:04 AM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
Please consult the SCORRS Forum Rules as posted by SCORRS moderator Bull Schmitt.

Have a nice day. ;D
A work in progress.

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
Thanks Ridgeway!

This has gotten out of hand! An further discussions will have to be taken off of this forum and handled one on one directly between the two parties.

This thread is locked!
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com