Author Topic: My Buddy's new Pietta  (Read 2746 times)

My Buddy's new Pietta
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:59:51 AM »
Hi,

My buddy is getting into this game and wanted another NMA so he went to Cabelas and came home with a new Pietta.  All I can say is WOW!!!.  I've been at this for about 20 years and have never seen an out of the box gun run so well, made by anyone.  Timing, indexing, lockup and trigger pull are perfect, he will never get a cylinder stripe unless he is careless, fit and finish are excellant.  Real pretty wood, a little on the fat side but for large hands it's kind of nice, he got an extra cylinder and that one worked perfect as well.  I took it apart to clean out the oil and lube it properly, even the innards were finished well.  And, it was only $190.00, my 1990 Navy arms was about 125.00 and nowhere as nice. 

I know you can get a problem gun from any of these manufacturers but looking at this one, I think the chances are alot less these days then it was in the past.

Offline Raider2000

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Buddy's new Pietta
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:31:39 AM »
Yeah Pietta has come a long way in quality control to where they are on par & sometimes possibly excells Uberti's today compared to 10 or more years ago.

I have a 1860 Army & a NMA from them I had bought in the early 80's & comparing them to my newer NMA is almost night & day.

Offline Doc O

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:29:36 PM »
I just got one from them [cabelas] in the mail yesterday.
And yes it is a very good gun, the grips could be a bit better but not a problem becuase I'll refinish them anyway.
It does run smooth with only a cleaning. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:42:06 AM »

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
    • The Desperate Hot Springs News
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:42:44 AM »
Doc O, . . I've found that a squirt can of "brake parts cleaner" is great for getting the heavy oil off of them when they are new just out of the box ( bag ). 

Good shootin' . . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Offline Doc O

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »
Wolfgang:
Yep did that first thing along installing tresso nipples.
The bore and cylinders miked out pretty good also [don't have the numbers off hand].
Cylinders where a few thousands larger then the bore.
It should be a good shooter as soon as I can get out.

Doc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com