Author Topic: August nights Coffee and good company  (Read 12207 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: August nights Coffee and good company
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2021, 06:57:04 PM »
And our crazy Mayor is going to mandate masks again and I likely ain't going to comply because they drop my O2 level after a while and the next SOB that gives me the old crap about it don't is going to get my O2 meter shoved up their ass.   It causes me problems. pine smoke from mismanaged forests catching one fire does and I have had the best week I have had in about 3 years and this time I can't send my wife to do the grocery shopping because of her knee.  And on-line shopping sucks, half the stuff I want ain't on the on-line lists.

I got my vaccination and it's because I wanted it, not that anyone said I should.    And if it don't save me so be it, I don't want to live the time I have left doing this shit.     

Any damn fool can see half the problem was the old mandatory thing, the SOB's knew damn good and well that would be like the proverbial red flag in front of a bull.

I'm to the point I consider anyone belonging to any of the 3 parties are part of the problem not the solution, people like me that never belonged scare the hell out of them, the ones that leave also do but not quit to the extent because party brainwashing takes years to go completely away.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »
My whole life I've watched the Democrats' say it's all the Republicans fault and the Republicans saying it's the Democrats' fault and people keep voting the same old worn out people year after year and they all pretend like they care about us and go to parties and laugh about how stupid the majority are.    Of course we have the others who keep saying it's their turn to mess things up. ::)  And until the majority get mad it will stay the same.  Just keep giving us bread a circus and most will be happy.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2021, 07:23:26 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Got a bunch of rain yesterday morning.

'Tis 64 and hazy. High of 85 and humid.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 12:55:31 PM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2021, 08:50:05 AM »
Morning all.

mid 50s and sunny this morning. Smoke has cleared out a bit, still a little hazy, but now it just smells like Missoula.

On the agenda today: get to run up to Seeley Lake for the third day in a row. I like the area, but it gets a little tiresome driving that road so frequently in a big truck.

Here in a few minutes, I’m heading to the court house to notarize and submit an application to be a reserve deputy sheriff. I’ve got a shoe in, having a friend from the Guard who is a full time deputy. End goal is to be involved with the search and rescue team and SWAT medic program.

Regarding politics: one of my favorite quotes. “One party will lie, cheat and steal to get your money. The other will cheat steal and lie to get your money. Both with use your money to lie, cheat and steal more.”

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2021, 01:01:35 PM »

Regarding politics: one of my favorite quotes. “One party will lie, cheat and steal to get your money. The other will cheat steal and lie to get your money. Both with use your money to lie, cheat and steal more.”

—TK

Exactly and George Washington told us not to get to involved in parties. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »
Morning y'all.

Church security training meeting tonight.

'Tis 60 and partly cloudy. "Humid. Mostly sunny in the morning  then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent." Rain likely tonight.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2021, 10:06:59 AM »
Thanks Slim, going to be a scorcher today, High around 95 with 76% humidity and 73 degree dewpoint. Y'all stay cool.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2021, 11:38:35 AM »
Partly cloudy  84 ° for a high  Winds  7 to 10 mph     
Feels like 89°
Humidity 65%
25% Rain
Visibility10.00 miles
all in all not bad for August
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2021, 12:34:44 PM »
Going to almost 100F here, guess I'm grumpy about this mask thing.  Drs tell me not to go walk in the heat and humidity and then I have to wear a mask at the store and they tell me it's to protect the people who won't get shots so my best exercise is hosed.  I'm tired of the BS because what I get on the news and that on both sides don't jive with what my Drs tell me and I believe them. :P

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »
Got  text that granddaughter was exposed at school, but she can go to school tomorrow, but if she has a fever before Monday no school, but if she don't by Monday she's safe, guess the new strain is faster. ::) 

Good kid that she is she's staying in her room, worried about us, but I would think that's not enough.  Maybe need to set a tent up in the back yard. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2021, 11:59:29 PM »
My sympathy and deepest concern go out to you, Glen. This virus is rebounding and unfortunately youth are most vulnerable by returning back to class.
Only two grandkids are vaccinated, two are not, - I know how worry and stress affects the whole family.

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2021, 02:01:27 AM »
My sympathy and deepest concern go out to you, Glen. This virus is rebounding and unfortunately youth are most vulnerable by returning back to class.
Only two grandkids are vaccinated, two are not, - I know how worry and stress affects the whole family.

RCJ

Thanks John, this is one time I wish everyone would have used common sense and kept politics out of it.  We've all been vaccinated so I ain't worried, the few that get it after being vaccinated pretty much have mild cases as expected, I worry about the stupidity that it has created or maybe reviled.   I listen to my Drs and no one else, not no political Dr in DC and not the Internet Drs.   If some of the rumors were true we wouldn't have a Harley rider left. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2021, 07:26:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that Del, here's hoping for the best ...

It is raining and 76° , guessers say Humidity is  @ 97% ,  Suppose to see 89° with 15% rain ?
 no idea how they figure that  ???

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2021, 07:43:41 AM »
Morning y'all.

Rained overnight.

'Tis 61 and overcast. "Humid. Mostly cloudy. Showers and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning  then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2021, 03:22:56 PM »
Quick Thunderstorm with lightning hit near by , zapped the transformer on my property pole
. OUC had a truck out within 40 minutes of the call .  We were the only home effected and
power was restored.
The bad new was it took out both the satellite boxes the main and the remote, and apparently the TV in the den is also toast.

Direct TV will send replacement boxes in a day or 3  ::) and now to shop for a new TV .... :-\

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »
Evening all.

Odd that the Major would mention lightning. I came close to getting zapped today as well. I was pumping a tank while a storm was rumbling away over the ridge. It was raining hard, but even soaking wet my hair stood up. I tossed the hose, and ducked down on one foot. The lightning blew up a tree less than 100 feet away from where I was making like a flamingo.

In other news, I changed a headlight on a Kenworth in the rain this morning. This involved driving 4 miles to a dealer, meeting a logging company owner, and getting hailed on.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2021, 12:55:04 AM »
I've twice had it strike trees in someone's front yard while we were sitting on the porch.  Have had several close calls, my brother gets all upset when I put my hand on him in a storm. ::) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2021, 08:45:14 AM »
Morning y'all.

Got about 2.5" of rain yesterday and overnight.

Gonna work in the shed this morn before it gets too hot.

'Tis 70, humid and partly sunny. "Very warm and humid. Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Heat indices to 98."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2021, 12:22:32 PM »
Out to Best Buy's for a replacement TV , had lunch at Hooters --
 I had not been in one in maybe 18 years  :-\  , back when I was with Universal Studios Film Productions.
I figured, I might rekindle a taste memory...  Girls are still cute , food was eh !  wasn't the same as I remembered
Probably should have skipped it  ::) 

Looking like rain off and on all day

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »
Yer just now an old pervert. ;D

Woke up this morning and just laid in bed, didn't move, no idea what wrong, I could breath with no congestion and not a thing hurt, laid there for at least an hour enjoying it till no choice I had to get up and pee.  Sat on the couch and still the same, even asked Rita if I looked ok and she said I really did, but slowly it all cam back, still a good day but was nice while it lasted. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com