Author Topic: Uberti 1849 .31 caliber Wells Fargo  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Charlie Drage

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Uberti 1849 .31 caliber Wells Fargo
« on: November 14, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
Howdy everyone,

Just acquired one of these little beauties. Nowhere ....well I cant find anything on it except proof marks. Who would have imported it? Stoeger? I would think they would have it marked? It is unfired and not a mark on it, but no box or paperwork. Anyone with the box and paperwork willing to sell? Have to find some round balls or conicals and see how she does! Locks up tight and is crisp!

Charlie

Offline Cap'n Redneck

• Commd'g Co. D, Frontier Batt'n, Texas Rangers.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cap'n Redneck SWS #163.
  • GAF #: 273
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uberti 1849 .31 caliber Wells Fargo
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 05:46:06 PM »
If you can get "0" buckshot, it will measure .320" diameter and make perfect roundballs for the .31 caliber percussion revolver.
Hornady used to make "0" buckshot and sell it in 5 lbs. boxes, but does not list this size on their homepage currently...
"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope..."
Frontiersman & Frontiersman Gunfighter: The only two categories where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s.

Offline Gabriel Law

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »
I have one I bought second hand, no box or paperwork either.  It has a silver guard and backstrap and serial #00135, imported by Canadian Arms Corp. roll stamped on the top flat of the barrel, in the early 70's.  Mine shoots buck shop nicely, but I have a replacement cylinder for it in  .32 S & W and that is really fun to shoot.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:43:23 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com