Author Topic: Followup to first match goals, had a great time......  (Read 923 times)

Offline Robert Swartz

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 892
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Followup to first match goals, had a great time......
« on: August 23, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »
Well, after my first time shooting with this bunch, this beats standing at a bench punching paper. Did I shoot great, HA, no. Showing with two guns I had little time to familiarize meself' with might not be optimum. My expectations weren't high to begin with. For my previous post getting two pages of both information and encouragement. Along with a dose of concern regarding my choice of rifles. That turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The President of our BP club shoots with the cowboys. He knew I was bringing my Trapdoor, he brought his Sharps. He called the man running the match, guess what, he brought his Trapdoor carbine. We all had a quick bullet discussion. They had both shot their guns on the range and knew what they would do. I agreed we needed to watch mine and insure what it does. We all agreed that regardless of scenario, single shots would be limited to five shots. WE three were shooting what they called Indian Fighter. Which was BP only, percussion or cartridge pistol, one or two optional, BP cartridge rifle and shotgun optional.  After my first stage, nailed five out of five target, targets were in fine shape. I ended the day hitting 27-28 out of 30. Now, my pistol shooting, I'm not gonna get excited. I haven't shot anything in the way of pistol in 30 or more years.

As I could observe, we didn't affect the time of match. Both Posses were equal in size and we finished roughly at about the same time. After the match, some of the guys commented  that either they would like to have a single shot or may start bringing them back out. I also brought up the subject of perhaps having what I consider a Frontier Match, using percussion or single shot pistols and percussion or flintlock rifles. It garnered interest, see where it goes. I will concede. At some point, I will want one them fancy new fangled repeater guns. Along with another shotgun. I have a couple thousand hulls out in the garage begging to be loaded with BP.

Overall a fun day,
Robert Swartz now aka "Copperhead Bob"
"Copperhead Bob"
GAF# 892
Sgt Maj (ret) 2nd KY Vols 1812 era
Lt (ret) Rogers Rangers F&I
Booshway 2021Thundercreek Rendevous

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
Re: Followup to first match goals, had a great time......
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 09:07:37 AM »
Great to hear you had a safe good time,  that's what it's all about

BTB               
Born 110 years too late

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
The possibilities are endless.

And renewed interest energizing you during these pandemic times . . .PRICELESS!

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:53:47 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com