Author Topic: Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm Kearney Missouri June 20  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm Kearney Missouri June 20
« on: March 08, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
Hey,
Sorry late notice on this, life has been a beet crazed.   Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm in Kearney Missouri.  Dates are April 6, June 15 and September 21.   Pistol Shoot, duelist stance fixed site, frontier cartridge, or cap and ball.   Round count is either 36 or 42 (been a long week).  Come shoot in Jesse's back yard.  This is a fund raiser for Friends of the Farm.   Cost is $25 per category.    Hopefully we will have decent weather.   

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Thanks for posting-have been wanting to come down to one of your shoots for some time. Maybe can make the trip in June or Sept. Live way north of ya in North Central Iowa. Interested in area as my Grandfather (Mother side) grew up in Kearney area, lived there until some time in 1890's when he left to work cattle ranches in west for several years, then relocated to Iowa. Still have 1st cousins living in North Central "Mih-zur-uh.' (that's how I grew up and learned to say it). ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hey CC,
I have heard it pronounced both ways, sometimes in the same family.Ha.   Hope to see you at one of the shoots.   Great area full of history.   

Advertising

Re: Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm Kearney Missouri June 20
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:00:14 PM »

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 11:27:16 AM »
Hey All there is a pistol shoot at the James Farm this weekend.   Sign up between 8-9 and then the shooting starts.  not sure how we are social distancing during this, so it may take a bit longer as we have a few less targets set up.    Depending on how you arrive, James Farm Road will be closed starting tomorrow.  You will need to arrive via Cordell Road.  Hope to see some folks there.   

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »
After going to the range today, & consulting the John Hopkins Covid map, I will be there.

Had fun at the range today, newest was a 1902, started with an 1899 in 32/20, moved up to a 1899 in 38 colt, then a 3.5' Thunderer, finishing with the Alaskan. I saw the confusion with the fellow shooters at the range, (I for the 1st was shooting true black). Also decided not to take the Alaskan to the farm, it is brutal as duelists, almost afraid to pull the trigger. Will see if they will let me shoot the 1899 in 32/20, if not go to my BUG, (back up gun), the Thunderer. BTW, at 87xx serial number, this Thunderer was manufactured while Jesse was alive.
I have a shoulder holster that works, tomorrow will work on a conventional right hang. Will wear in shoulder rig walking around, will shift to side when loaded, keeping me from starting with back to line. I built my shoulder holster for my 1896 hand ejector, surprised it fits the Thunderer also.
I will have 3 historical guns on/with me at the farm. A Thunderer manufactured while Jesse was alive, an 1896 hand ejector, (S&Ws 1st swing out), & a 1899 S&W, (S&W 1st K-Frame). Guessing that K-Frames are still in production, could be banned! Athough, my preference, I am prepared for them to say no. Will drop back to 1877 Thunderer, manufactured while Jesse was alive. No mater what gun I shoot, it will be BP double action! Decided not to take K-Frame, carry 2x Thunderers, 1 from 1878, other from 1897.
I am guessing event will be canceled due to weather, but none the less will drive down tomorrow & cross my fingers.
Brian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com