Author Topic: By the way, I handled an original Colt Walker!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
By the way, I handled an original Colt Walker!
« on: January 26, 2020, 09:07:24 PM »
I am sworn to secrecy about its location, because of the revolvers extreme value.  It is well documented with  provenance,  a certification of authenticity,  and even a metallurgical report. It came from the estate of an elderly collector.  It has Texas Ranger markings, and is mechanically perfect including the loading lever spring. 

It is an amazing piece of history...  I understood correctly, its purchase price a good number of years ago was just shy on $1,000,000!

Just maybe I can get a couple pics.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: By the way, I handled an original Colt Walker!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:04:18 PM »
That is awesome. I and I'm sure everyone would love to see pics.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:36:33 AM »
Congrats. That's really cool. I've seen and handled a couple rare Colts over the years but not one of those. Pics of it would be great, if you can post any.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:15:40 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:46:49 AM »
Very Cool....You will never be the same ...I know I wasn't

I have had a similar experience , back in 1988
We were filing "Alamo the Price of Freedom"  it was not my first film at Happy's Ranch.

One evening James Tullis "Happy" Shahan invited me to the main house for "Supper " that night and I was awestruck with his collection.
Two standouts were his Colt SSA given him by John Wayne himself . and a Co, B marked Colt Walker. I'm proud to say may still have my finger prints.

as an aside I spent 16 weeks filming on the Ranch... Asked Happy once how big was the Ranch ( I think saying how many acres ?)

Happy said with his little smile "... Well I don't know in acres , but you see the mountain range out there "  ( I did it!  was sorta a blue haze outline many, many miles off )
 Happy continued " well it is about 40 miles beyond that "

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 07:03:27 AM »
I have handled a REAL Walker.......  when I was around 18-19 years old, 1964-65ish. There was a local gun shop that had a LOT of old original
Colt's and other firearms; handguns, rifles and shotguns. I bought a pre 94 Winchester, a Model 12 Winchester 12 ga, a Colt .22 Nickel Frontier Scout w/dual cyl., all these when I was 18 and 19 years old, and later a New Ruger 3 screw Super Blackhawk .44 mag, and a 2nd gen Colt 1851 Navy, a High Standard Griswold and Gunnison(still have the Ruger and 1851 and High Standard). All these over a number of years before he sold out and retired. But I did infact handle the Walker, it was NOT FOR SALE. He also had a 1 OF 1000 Winchester '73 not for sale also. I know his grandson who is an attorney and he still has the Walker and the Winchester along with some other collector Colt's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com