Author Topic: Pietta '58 Bolt Spring Screw  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Pietta '58 Bolt Spring Screw
« on: September 02, 2020, 11:23:55 AM »
I ordered a new bolt spring screw for my old (1975) Pietta '58 yesterday and the gal at VTI informed me that new one is the same size as the "....wedge screw on their '51 Navy."   ???  For those who know, did Pietta change the screw size? Am I.........screwed?  :(

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Pietta '58 Bolt Spring Screw
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »
Looking at the parts lists, those two parts "appear" to be similar size compared to the penny in the pics, but those are two different part numbers so it would seem there must be some difference.  But perhaps close enough to work?

Maybe try EMF since they are owned by Pietta they might have a good parts dept.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:36:44 AM »

:)  Hey there Kid   ;D

The "Gal" at VTI know more about Italian cowboy gun parts than any three other sources.  And the answer is yes.  Over the past few years, Pietta has gone CNC for everything and consolidated many small parts.  And the other answer is also yes.  The Bolt Spring screws and Wedge screws are now the same screw.

Whether or not this will make a difference in your particular pistol is unknown, but you have in fact been screwed . . . . sort of.

Hide and Watch

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:28:47 AM »

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 06:36:30 PM »
Well, the screw came and the good news is it's the same thread. The bad news is the head is domed and way too "proud" and I cannot seat the TG for it.  :'(  I have a few ideas and will attempt a "Rube Goldberg" fix.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com