Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BOLD Chambers

Old Law Dawgs heading to Wagons for Warriors

(1/6) > >>

Sergeant Klondike:
The 7th Annual Wagons for Warriors event is Memorial Day weekend in Lebanon, Missouri.  It's the largest gathering of chuckwagons around.  32 wagon's are attending this year.  The wagons will be on display and cooking for the ticket holders, Saturday, May 27th.   Western Movie/TV star and Artist, Buck Taylor will be attending both Friday and Saturday.   Our wagon crew consists of retired Law Dawgs.  2 of us are Texas Troopers, 1 is a Kansas Trooper and 3 are City Officers from Delaware.   We made a special bottom rocker for our wagon sign to honor Buck Taylor's line in Tombstone.   "Law And Order Every Time That's Us"

Coal Creek Griff:
Oh man, I want to go!  Unfortunately,  I'm over 2000 miles away. I met Buck once (I call him "Buck" like we're friends) and I'd love to chat with him again. I'd buy a sketch and get him to sign it with his "law and order" line.  I'd better stop thinking about what I'm missing, but thanks for letting me do a little dreaming...

CC Griff

Sergeant Klondike:

--- Quote from: Coal Creek Griff on May 17, 2017, 09:52:51 PM ---Oh man, I want to go!  Unfortunately,  I'm over 2000 miles away. I met Buck once (I call him "Buck" like we're friends) and I'd love to chat with him again. I'd buy a sketch and get him to sign it with his "law and order" line.  I'd better stop thinking about what I'm missing, but thanks for letting me do a little dreaming...

CC Griff

--- End quote ---

I brought the chuckwagon to one of his art events in Desoto, Texas a few years ago.  He signed a print with his Law & Order line.  He's a very nice guy.  I'll post a few photos of the W4W event.  It's a shame you're so far away. 

Advertising:

Coal Creek Griff:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the pictures.

CC Griff

Major 2:
ME too...want to go.... sadly distance is the bugaboo...

I worked on location with "Buck" several times ,  Alamo 13 days to Glory , Gettysburg , Rough Riders, Gods & Generals & Comanche Moon....

It was actually "Houston the legend of Texas"  I was on,  while his 13 Days of Glory was filming both were sharing my
Alamo the Price of Freedom set.  The two film companies kinda co-mingled a day or two till "Houston" moved to its next location at Mud Creek.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version