Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

A lever action 1887 shotgun as a Turkey gun

<< < (3/3)

Rowdy Fulcher:
Howdy
I sent my 1887 out to have it choked last year . Now that it's able to hold tight pattern I am using the short barreled gun for Turkey hunting and today I killed a real nice Tom . I have got pictures but new phone will take a day  or hundred to figure out how to get pictures here .

Rowdy Fulcher:
howdy
Well today was a great day for hunting . I killed my second Tom this morning he was a nice big bird went about 25 pounds . I will post pictures when I figure out how to send from my phone . I have got a good pile of meat to eat on I saved the legs and thighs will cook them in a crook pot .
That makes 2 turkeys for the short barreled 87 both went down no problems .

Rowdy Fulcher:
Howdy
The Turkey legs and thighs  has cooked and they turned out great . The meat fell off the bones so I have taken the meat and added the cooked onions and bell peppers and added some bbq sauce .   will eat tonight .Will freeze the breast to fry up at a later date . Turkey hunting is a lot of fun , and the reward of excellent meat on top well it just don't get any better than that .

Advertising:

Rowdy Fulcher:
Howdy
Well it's almost Turkey season . I went out and shot my 87 today . I blew the dust out of it . I can,t wait till hunting season opens .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version