Author Topic: Remington Spartan spr210  (Read 4804 times)

Offline jallenaz

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remington Spartan spr210
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:39:24 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the Remington Spartan spr210 for cowboy action shooting. I was looking at Stoeger shotguns today and there was a Spartan 12ga. that looked really nice.  Any opinions on them?  I know they are stiff opening, but so are the Stoegers. Also read they don't hang open well. I like the feel and balance of the longer gun. But I have not shot a coach gun.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Remington Spartan spr210
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the Remington Spartan spr210 for cowboy action shooting. I was looking at Stoeger shotguns today and there was a Spartan 12games that looked really nice. I liked the feel of it and balance over the shorter Stoeger coach guns.  Any opinions on them?  I know they are stiff opening, but so are the Stoegers. Also read they don't hang open well. I like the feel and balance of the longer gun. But I have not shot a coach gun.

They are Baikals.  Made in Russia.  Remington no longer imports them, but they are still imported by another company so there are spare parts.  Crude on the inside, but very tough.  There are lots of CAS smiths that tune them and they make fine CAS shotguns.  If you have long barrels they may hang open OK after they are tuned.  If not, there is a CAS cowboy that sells a kit to fix the problem.  Can't remember his name right now, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Offline Four Eyes Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
Papa Dave...
DWSA #102
SASS  #16042
BDS    #2197

He will come to your house carrying a sixpack of goodwill and joy. The Reverend Horton Heat

http://www.youtube.com/user/foureyeshenry1

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:56:00 PM »

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Here is one tune up article.  If you do a search, you can find others.  Some with photos.

http://marauder.homestead.com/files/TuneBaik.html

Offline jallenaz

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
I went and bought it today.  It's not a bad looking gun for the money.  Thanks for the info on tuning it.  I'll shoot it awhile and see how it goes.  It's pretty stiff, but not as bad as a lot of stoeger coach guns.  It will stay open, but maybe not after working it in some.  I've hear gritty toothpaste, or baking soda in toothpaste for polishing up the moving parts when opening and closeing.  Not sure I'm ready to take it completely apart.  Not until I get the names of all the parts memorized anyway ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com