Special Interests - Groups & Societies > STORM

Pettifogger Tuning the Open Tops files on the wayback

<< < (3/4) > >>

45 Dragoon:
I hate curpted links !!!

Mike

Thanks anyway Perfessor !!!

Coffinmaker:

I must heartedly agree Mike.  Curpted Links are a real Bane when you just absolutely have to have it overnight   ;D

Tanks Alot Perfesser.  We'll just keep those appreciative cards and letters coming!!   ::)

riflee:
I have to add something to this conversation concerning the open top Colt type revolvers.  Has to do with the checking the arbor length compared to the arbor hole in the barrel.
You know....turning the barrel 90 degrees to the frame and pushing it on to check where the arbor length is.

Older guns that have seen a goodly amount of service tend to not let the arbor go in the barrels hole very far. It has to do with metal sorta moved or peened inside the arbor hole due to the gun being fired a good bit.

Putting it simple like the barrels arbor hole might need carefully smoothed some near the wedge slot hole for the barrel to slip over the arbor freely.

A round file or some rolled up sand paper carefully worked in the barrels arbor hole can free up the arbor slipping in the barrel.

Just thought I'd mention this for any folks wanting to turn the barrel 90 degrees to check the arbor length but can't get the barrel on that way.  You know ?..when the barrel goes on freely the normal way but  not going on turned 90 degrees to the frame. New guns don't cause any trouble but older guns can have a little bit of a problem.

Just thought mentioning this may be a little help to some Folks.

Advertising:

Professor Marvel:

--- Quote from: riflee on January 19, 2020, 09:17:30 AM ---I have to add something to this conversation concerning the open top Colt type revolvers.  Has to do with the checking the arbor length compared to the arbor hole in the barrel.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rifle!

and it's good to see you posting again!

yhs
prof marvel

riflee:
Professor Marvel! Salute.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version