Author Topic: Photo of GAF Belt Plate  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Photo of GAF Belt Plate
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:14:18 AM »
Gentlemen:

I have received by e-mail several requests to show a picture of the GAF Belt Plate.  Unfortunately, my current computer (and computer knowledge) is not capable of this.  (I'm looking into replacing the confuser, soon.)

Does anyone have a photo or sketch of the GAF Belt Plate they could post either here or on the GAF website?  I can then direct the inquiring personnel to the appropriate location.

Thanking you in advance, and wishing all a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, etc.!  Don't eat too much! ;)

Your friend and servant,
Trailrider
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
Re: Photo of GAF Belt Plate
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 11:12:17 PM »
Not quite National Geographic quality, I  just slapped it down on the scanner...but it shows the general idea:

George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 09:29:07 PM »
Soooooo,  where do we get these Non-National Geographic gems and what is their cost?  Not exactly period but it sure is nice and I want one.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:03:22 AM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:35:41 AM »
Gripmaker,

Scroll down the Barracks topic index to "Need to find a Calvary Rig" and you will find all the answers.  Trailrider is one source.  He has also listed the web site for the manufacturer.  Looks like it will cost you about $14 plus shipping.  I think that I will want one too.

Trailrider,

Are you coming to the NCOWS Convention?  If so, please bring one for me!

YMH&OS,

Capt. R. H. Dorian
Brv't. LtC., Chief Topographical Engineer
Grand Army of the Frontier
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 12:30:25 PM »
Gentlemen:

I'm awaiting a call or e-mail back from Tim Parsley at Art Brass with the latest quote on price and shipping for the GAF belt plates.  For a small number, he can probably get them in a couple of weeks.

I have just a very few GAF belt plates on hand that I am keeping for those who want some type of saber or sword belt made to go with the plate.  The problem I have is that if I sell the few I have separately and then get a number of orders for belts, I may have to wait for the plates as Tim has a lot of other orders to fill beyond a couple of GAF plates.

As soon as Tim gets back to me with the current price and shipping charges, I'll post it and you can contact him directly for the plates.  Keep in mind that if you have a belt already equipped with the hasp sewn and riveted into the left end of the belt, the GAF plate may or may not fit the other hasp. A lot of times, I'll get orders for both a GAF plate-equipped belt and, say, an 1851 Eagle plate, to be interchangeable.  I usually recommend the hasp be attached using Chicago screwposts instead of the regular arrangement, so the hasp can be changed out.  SOMEtimes, if you get lucky, it is possible to get a GAF plate and the 1851 Enlisted Eagle plate that are close enough they can use the same hasp.

Dr. Bob,
Unfortunately, due to prior committments, I won't be able to make the NCOWS convention.  Doubt I'm going to even get to the SHOT Show this year (2006)! :(  Just too much going on locally.

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year, I remain,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 01:14:16 PM »
Gentlemen:
Here is the latest update on the GAF Belt Plates from Tim Parsley of Art Brass

Retail cost ranges from $16.00 (for the regular plate) to $19.50 (probably for the French Back style...though he didn't enumerate).
Shipping for single plates is $5.00  Shipping for a couple of them will probably be close to the same.

You can call him at 1-804 559-3679
                     FAX:1-804-559-3992
                   e-mail: TIM@CIVILWARBUCKLES.COM
                   website: CIVILWARBUCKLES.COM    GAF plate is NOT currently shown.

As I mentioned previously, I only have a couple of the GAF plates on hand for those wanting them on belts.  Tim was most co-operative back when we started the belt plate project, and deserves our support.  Plus, he's got a LOT of neat other plates and buckles.

Hope this is of help.

Happy New Year to all!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com